- Violet: The Royal Palace at Versailles... Louis the Sixteenth and Marie Antoinette in residence.
- Berg: Such decadence.
- Violet: Good luck, numbskull.
Shay and Franklin walked towards the palace.
- Franklin: Ah, Shay. You certainly look prepared to meet royalty! Perhaps King Louis himself will grant you an audience.
- Shay: I doubt even these breeches will get me into the King's chambers. Besides, I'm only here to see a business acquaintance.
- Franklin: Yes, I heard a group of merchants would be here today. They might come see my scientific demonstration later!
- Shay: They really should, they might learn something. Though I wouldn't count on their being present. I take my leave. Thank you again, Master Franklin.
Shay walked to the door of the palace, and saw Charles enter with his son.
- Shay: That's him! Charles Dorian.
The door to the palace closed, and Shay approached the guards.
- Guard: Sorry sir, the palace is closed to visitors at the moment. Please return tomorrow.
- Shay: But I'm supposed to be in a meeting right now.
- Guard: Then you should already be inside. Come back and sell your wool tomorrow.
- Shay: Lucky for him, I can find another way in.
Shay entered the palace's chambers through a balcony, blending with the guests to avoid the guards. Reaching a corridor, he saw Charles' son with a girl.
- Élise: Did you see their faces when we stole those apples?
The children laughed.
- Arno: I'm Arno.
- Élise: Élise.
- Arno: I'm here with my father.
- Élise: So am I. He has important business with the king.
- Arno: What should we do now?
Shay entered a hallway and witnessed Charles leave an Assassin meeting.
- Charles: Gentlemen, I will protect this artifact with my very life.
Arno? Where have you gone?
My son, Arno... Perhaps you have seen him?
Have you seen a little boy around? I'm looking for my son.
Arno! Where are you?
Stop playing, Arno. Time to come out.
Shay discreetly assassinated Charles with his Hidden Blade and placed him on a chair.
- Charles: You! You're the traitor.
- Shay: I'm just finishing old business.
Shay took the Precursor box from Charles.
- Charles: Old... Connor and his Assassins... The American Revolution undid your Templar business.
- Shay: Then perhaps we shall start a revolution of our own.
As Shay left, Charles stood up before succumbing to his wounds, attracting the attention of everyone in the palace. Meanwhile, Shay moved through the crowds and left the palace. He then narrated the events of his life.
- Shay: Uphold the principles of our order and all that for which we stand. Never share our secrets nor divulge the true nature of our work. Do so until death - whatever the cost. This is my new creed. I am Shay Patrick Cormac, Templar of the Colonial... of the American rite. I am an older man now, and perhaps wiser. A war and a revolution have ended, and another is about to begin. May the Father of Understanding guide us all.
Shay assassinated Charles Dorian and reclaimed the Precursor box for the Templar Order.
Behind the scenes
Both Shay and Charles both talk as if the American Revolutionary War and the dismantling of the Colonial Templar Rite have concluded but at the time of this memory both are still in their infancy with many high ranking Templars of that Rite still alive.
Assassin's Creed: Rogue memories
|The Way the Wind Blows - Lessons and Revelations - Tinker Sailor Soldier Spy - By Invitation Only|
|One Little Victory - We the People - Fiat Lux - Kyrie Eleison - Freewill|
|The Color of Right - A Long Walk and a Short Drop - Circumstances - Keep Your Friends Close|
|Honour and Loyalty - Armour and Sword - Scars|
|Men o' War - Bravado|
|The Heist - Caress of Steel - No Laws But Our Own - Cold Fire - Non Nobis Domine|
|RGVjb25zdHJ1Y3RlZA0K - UHJvdGVjdGlvbg0K - QXNzYXNzaW5hdGlvbg0K|
|Scott Lawson - Kelly Snider - Lewis Johnson - Franklin Greear - Maria Gurley - Michael Crawley - Randall Gordon - Rachel Plourde - David Borgen - Philippe Beaubien - Conan Brown - Marla Capps|
|The Battle of Labrador - The Battle of Quiberon Bay - Pirates of a Lost Age - The Storm Fortress|