Taking place sometime between 1923 and 2296 Isu Era (c.75,383 - 75,010 BCE), Project Anthropos sought to create a species in the Isu's own image that was extremely resilient, but completely subservient. The project's first success was achieved when the Isu scientist Phanes using blueprints left by Consus successfully manipulated the DNA of a pre-existing species to force a rapid evolution into a form more suitable for the project's goals. Despite this success, however, subservience proved to be an issue and the project was threatened with closure by the Isu Authority in Eden.
Running parallel to Project Anthropos was a separate project that sought to develop the adamant-powered Apples of Eden, and by implanting a neurotransmitter into the brains of Project Anthropos' human creations, subservience to the Apples of Eden was achieved.
Despite Phanes' eventual exile from Eden and flight to Atlantis following his falling in love with a human and the surgical removal of her neurotransmitter–an act which saw all mention of his name wiped from the Isu histories, but also led to the birth of Eve, the first hybrid–the Project was initially considered a success.
- Project Anthropos' name derives from the Greek word anthropos (ἄνθρωπος) for 'human'.
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Syndicate - Database: Reconstructed Data 003
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – The Fate of Atlantis: Judgment of Atlantis / Isu codex: Encrypted message from "Phanes", III of IV
- ↑ Assassin's Creed II: Glyphs #20
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – The Fate of Atlantis: Judgment of Atlantis / Isu codex: Encrypted message from "Phanes", II of IV
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – The Fate of Atlantis: Judgment of Atlantis / Isu codex: Encrypted message from "Phanes", IV of IV