|This article is about the Animi Avatar. You may be looking for Girolamo Savonarola's lieutenant or Scholars.|
- "Grown tired of listening to people's confessions, desperate to see the world in which mankind lives, the Priest made himself an angel of death. After spotting his target, he makes the lost sheep kneel before him and gives them salvation with his Holy Blade."
- ―Description of the Priest.
The Priest (harvested from: Ristoro) was an Animi Avatar used by Abstergo Industries, to train the recruits in the first stage of their Animi Training Program. He used a holy dagger as his weapon, which was a blade that could retract into its hilt.
The Priest had several unique moves:
(Low Profile, Front)
The Priest casually walks up to his target and stealthily removes his holy dagger, before bending forward and thrusting the blade of his weapon upward into their abdomen, puncturing their heart through their ribcage and killing his victim instantly.
(Low Profile, Back)
The Priest walks up to his target from behind and removes his holy dagger, before lifting his weapon up high and driving it down into the base of their neck, causing his victim to go limp and fall to the ground as their nervous system is punctured.
(High Profile, Front)
The Priest runs up to his target and knees them forcefully in the stomach, winding them and causing them to bend forward as they try to regain their breath. He then unsheathes his holy dagger and stabs downward, piercing the vertebrae at the base of the neck and sending his victim crumpling to the floor, heavily paralyzed and bleeding out.
(High Profile, Back)
The Priest rushes over to his target and kicks them in the back of their legs, making them kneel, before removing his holy dagger one-handedly and stabbing them in between their shoulder blades. With this, the blade pierces into his victim's nervous system, paralyzing them, with the Priest leaving them to die as they fall forward.
The Priest walks up to his seated target and grabs them by the back of their head, forcing it downwards, so that they are leaning forward and facing the floor. Following this, he removes his holy dagger from its case with one hand, whilst holding his other hand up in the air in a gesture of benediction, before mercilessly stabbing them in between their shoulder blades. As the strike paralyzes his victim and sends them slumping to the floor, the Priest leaves them while they die from exsanguination (blood loss).
The Priest leaps from above a rooftop and takes out his holy dagger in mid-air, before he lands on his target. Afterwards, he sinks the blade of his weapon into their upper back, before removing his dagger from his victim's body and leaving them on the floor for dead.
The Priest could be customized in several ways:
- Basic: Pale white.
- Extra 1: Red.
- Extra 2: Blue.
- Extra 3: Dark green.
- Advanced: An added hood (not worn), a black undershirt which was visible at his neck, an added gold trim around the black stripe of his top, the bottom of his robes are black with gold trim, and his robe bottom consists of two parts buttoned together.
- Superior: The small wooden cross necklace around his neck is replaced with a larger golden cross necklace, embedded with 3 red rubies. The right arm has a shorter sleeve and an altered glove, his robe top is changed to black with golden trim to match the bottom of his robe, and his belt and left glove are given a golden trim.
- Elite: An added golden stole around his shoulders that extends below the waist.
- While the Priest's promotional picture showed him wielding a crucifix as a weapon, he actually used a weapon similar to a gravity knife in the Animi Training Program. This differed from the other characters, as their concept art showed them wielding the weapons they would later go on to use.
- One of the Priest's unique executions, specifically the Low Profile, Back assassination, is reminiscent of human sacrificial rites throughout the ancient world, such as those of the Mayan and Aztecan cultures.
- A similar move to one of the Priest's kill animations was performed by Ezio Auditore if he attacked an unarmed enemy with a short blade.
- The Priest wore the same clothes as the Master of the Sacred Palace, though they differed in color.