We were too late. Alvarado slew our allies at Salamanca and took the Staff piece.
The traitor went to ground afterward and picking up his trail has been greatly vexing. The Inquisition has influenced the Royal tercios to flood the countryside.
We have been blindly groping after Alvarado's trail while dodging Royal patrols. We may finally have a lead.
It seems Alvarado has been hiding out in some old ruins between Salamanca and Ávila. We make for his hideout, where we will finally corner Alvarado and pay him his just reward.
The Spanish assassins arrived at Alvarado's hideout in the ruins near Salamanca.
- Assassin 1: Finally! We've cornered the bastard!
- Assassin 2: Easy, now. He is still a threat. We must be vigilant.
- Assassin 3: Eyes sharp, blades sharper.
Upon entering a seemingly empty room, the assassins were ambushed.
- Assassin: Soldiers?! It's a damned trap!
- Assassin: No more tricks. Where is that traitor?
After battling their way through the ruins, the assassins finally confront Alvarado.
- Assassin: It's over Alvarado. You cannot run anymore.
- Alvarado: Curse you, you blasted dogs. You want to die so badly? Come on then!
- Alvarado: Ahaha. You've won, Assassins. Fools! You've killed me! What heroes!
- Assassin: Spare us your venom, Alvarado. This is your own doing. Where are the Staff pieces? Speak!
- Alvarado: Bah! I knew you would never leave me be. That's why I arranged this little party for you.
- Assassin: Everything you have done has been for vanity. Last chance, Alvarado: where are the Staff pieces?
- Alvarado: YOU lecture ME on vanity? HA. Why don’t you go ask Torquemada? I’m sure he’d be happy to show them to you. Hahahaha… urgh…
The Spanish assassins eliminate the turncoat Diego de Alvarado and learn that the pieces of the shattered Staff of Eden have been delivered to Torquemada.