- Photios: Malaka! If it isn't the Eagle Bearer herself. You got big since Kephallonia!
The man shook hands with Kassandra.
- Kassandra: And you got old. Photios the Dog's Breath! Last time I saw you, I think I lit your ship on fire.
- Photios: My ship and my beard. These days, thankfully, I've semi-retired.
- Kassandra: Do people pay mercenaries here more than they did in Kephallonia.
- Photios: Course they do! Better than Markos, that's for sure.
- Kassandra: Everyone pays more than Markos. You're lucky I took all his crazy contracts.
- Photios: I was a learner—he's a rotten cheat! I only accept the easy stuff now. I'm working as a watchman this very moment. A cushy job... most days.
- Kassandra: I could use a break myself.
- Photios: Some break this is! Today feels just like old times. The job got harder than anticipated.
- Kassandra: All right. I'll help you, but...
- Photios: But what?
- Kassandra: I haven't forgotten the old days. I owe you one, Photios. No reward necessary.
- Photios: Ha! I thought I was getting soft.
("Where did the priests go?")
- Kassandra: So, I'm hunting priests. Where do I start?
- Photios: Priests aren't used to thief business... They probably hid somewhere quiet. Check the caves west of here.
("How do you kow they were priests?")
- Kassandra: I wouldn't expect priests to be jewel thieves.
- Photios: They didn't take the drachmae or the silver. They knew those sapphires were the most valuable things here. That's priest knowledge.
("I'll find the priests.")
- Kassandra: Shouldn't be long before I find them.
Kassandra travelled west to the cave near the Sanctuary.
- Kassandra: This must be the cave Photios mentioned. Those priests came this way.
Kassandra entered the cave and found bandits inside. She killed the leader and discovered a corpse, recovering a note from it.
- Amyris's Note:
Agreement in full. Treasury sapphires to be sold at no discount. Meet me at Desphina Fort for sale. —Amyris
- Kassandra: Here's one of the priests. But no sign of the sapphires.
Kassandra exited the cave through an opening and discovered Desphina Fort in the distance.
- Kassandra: Nice view. And there's the Desphina Fort to the south.
Kassandra travelled to the fort and discovered the sapphires hidden in a room with Ikaros' help. She infiltrated the fort and recovered it.
- Kassandra: Here they are. A bit of blood on them, but the sapphires still shine.
Kassandra left the fort and returned to Photios in the Sanctuary.
- Kassandra: Good news. Found the sapphires.
Kassandra handed the sapphires to Photios.
- Photios: Should I ask why they're bloody?
- Kassandra: The priests couldn't cut it as thieves.
(If the player chose "Never mind the reward.")
- Photios: You said you'd do it for free, but we both know that was horse shit. Here, take this.
- Kassandra: Chaire, old man.
(If the player chose "Make it worth my while.")
- Photios: If I were only a little bit younger, I might've tried to cheapen the reward a bit.
- Kassandra: Good thing you got old.
Photios provided something extra.
- Photios: Here's a little trinket from the treasury. No one will miss it.
- Kassandra: Let's hope not, or you'll send another mercenary after me. Goodbye Photios.
- Photios: If you ever see that dog Markos again, tell him you demand minimum wage!
Kassandra gave him the sapphires.
- Kassandra: Great to see you again, Photios. Savor your retirement.
- Photios: And you savor your youth! Don't become a washed-up seadog like me.
Kassandra helped Photios recover the sapphires stolen from the treasury in the Sanctuary of Delphi.
Behind the scenes
If the player does not ask for a reward or if they have obtained the sapphires before starting the memory, Photios rewards a Sapphire Linothorax, a Rare breastplate. If they did ask for one, Photios rewards drachmae and a trade item. The quest rewards the same amount of XP regardless of this choice.