Petruccio Auditore da Firenze (1463 – 1476) was born into the Assassin Order, as the son of Maria and Giovanni Auditore. He was the youngest of the Auditore children, and brother to Federico, Ezio, and Claudia.
Petruccio was destined to be trained as an Assassin upon coming of age, but never received the opportunity, or even discovered his family heritage. He was executed in 1476 as an alleged accomplice to his father, who was falsely accused of treason.
Petruccio Auditore was a young Florentine nobleman living during the late 15th century. His father Giovanni was a banker, but was also secretly an Assassin, who planned to prepare Petruccio and his brothers for their future in the Order.
However, Petruccio was born sickly. His constant illness forced his parents to take him out of school, and keep him bed-ridden for most of his life.
Death and legacy
The next day, Petruccio was arrested alongside his father and brother on a false charge of treason against the ruling Medici family; he was publicly executed the day after. That same night, he, Federico and Giovanni were given a proper burial by Ezio.
Throughout Ezio's career as an Assassin, he would continue to collect feathers in memory of his brother. From 1476 to 1499, one hundred feathers were gathered and given to their mother Maria, who kept them in a chest similar to the one Petruccio had used. Later, from 1500 to 1503, Ezio collected ten feathers around the city of Rome and kept them in another chest in the Tiber Island Headquarters.
Behind the scenes
Petruccio Auditore is a character in the game Assassin's Creed II and the film Assassin's Creed: Lineage. Despite having a minor speaking role in Assassin's Creed II, his voice actor is uncredited. He is portrayed in Lineage by the actor Connor Nikides Kokolakis.
- When viewing Uberto Alberti's database video, Petruccio could be seen hanging from the gallows on the left-hand side, wearing different clothes.
- Throughout the entire game, it was never hinted why Petruccio actually needed the feathers. In Assassin's Creed: Renaissance, it was suggested that he was collecting them as a gift for his mother.
- Petruccio was one of the three children to feature in Assassin's Creed II, alongside Caterina Sforza's children, Bianca and Ottaviano.
- The name Petruccio is a diminutive Italian derivation of the Greek name Petros, "rock, stone", thus meaning "piece of rock; little stone."
- Assassin's Creed: Lineage (first appearance)
- Assassin's Creed II
- Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (appears as corpse only)