Petruccio Auditore da Firenze (1463 – 1476) was born into the Assassin Order as the son of Maria and Giovanni Auditore. He was the youngest of the Auditore children, and brother to Federico, Ezio, and Claudia.
Petruccio was destined to be trained as an Assassin upon coming of age, but never received the opportunity, or even discovered his family heritage. He was executed in 1476 as an alleged accomplice to his father, who was falsely accused of treason.
Petruccio Auditore was a young Florentine nobleman living during the late 15th century. His father Giovanni was a banker, but was also secretly an Assassin, who planned to prepare Petruccio and his brothers for their future in the Order.
However, Petruccio was born sickly. His constant illness forced his parents to take him out of school, and keep him bed-ridden for most of his life.
In 1476, Petruccio asked his brother Ezio to retrieve feathers for him, though he kept the reason a secret, not wanting to spoil his intended surprise of gifting them to their mother. Ezio agreed to collect feathers, but only if his younger brother returned to bed afterwards.
The next day, Petruccio was arrested alongside his father and brother on a false charge of treason against the ruling Medici family; he was publicly executed the day after. That same night, he, Federico and Giovanni were given a proper burial by Ezio.
Throughout Ezio's career as an Assassin, he would continue to collect feathers in memory of his brother. From 1476 to 1499, one hundred feathers were gathered and given to their mother Maria, who kept them in a chest similar to the one Petruccio had used. Later, from 1500 to 1503, Ezio collected ten feathers around the city of Rome and kept them in another chest in the Tiber Island Headquarters.
Centuries later in 2012, Ezio's descendant Desmond Miles relived his genetic memories using the Animus 2.0. After Desmond "met" Petruccio through Ezio, the historian Shaun Hastings wrote a database entry for him saying contemporary records from the family's doctor suggested the boy died of the illness that left him bed-ridden, as he was unaware Ezio's memory of Petruccio's hanging was still to come. Even after Petruccio's death, though, he did not update the database to reflect the change in events.
Behind the scenes
Petruccio Auditore is a character in the game Assassin's Creed II and the film Assassin's Creed: Lineage. Despite having a minor speaking role in Assassin's Creed II, his voice actor is uncredited. He is portrayed in Lineage by the actor Connor Nikides Kokolakis.
The name Petruccio is a diminutive Italian derivation of the Greek name Petros, "rock, stone", thus meaning "piece of rock; little stone."
When viewing Uberto Alberti's database video, Petruccio could be seen hanging from the gallows on the left-hand side, wearing different clothes.
- Assassin's Creed: Lineage (first appearance)
- Assassin's Creed II
- Assassin's Creed: Renaissance
- Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (appears as corpse only)
- Assassin's Creed: Initiates (mentioned in Database entry only)
- Assassin's Creed: Rebellion – Naples, 1499 CE (indirect mention only)
- Assassin's Creed II – Database: Petruccio Auditore
- Assassin's Creed II – Last Man Standing
- Assassin's Creed II – Casa Dolce Casa
- Assassin's Creed II – Petruccio's Secret
- Assassin's Creed: Renaissance – 
- Assassin's Creed II – Jailbird
- Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood – Last Rites
- Assassin's Creed II
- Assassin's Creed II – Floating conversations: A Mother's Grief
- Assassin's Creed II – Practice Makes Perfect
- Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
- Assassin's Creed II – Modern day