Eivor came across a blind man asking for help in defeating Dark Elves.
In the Fenlands, Eivor happened upon a man standing near a large, unlit brazier, speaking of elves.
- Norse Soldier: Welcome to Aelfheim! If I had my eyes, I would show you its splendor myself! A land of Endless Mist! Please join me in my daily jaunt through this magical land. I am seeking the Wind-Blue. The Dark Elves pushed me out.
- Eivor: Aelfheim, you say? Have you drunk a seer's concoction?
- Norse Soldier: No, I am as blind as they come. However the Light Elves guide me through this realm, and I sense it. The path is fraught with delight. Energies the Light Elves dropped. And at the end, the third paradise, Wind-Blue.
- Eivor: The Wind-Blue, higher than all the realms?
- Norse Soldier: Higher than Valhalla itself. I use the magic bowls of Muspel lit by the Light Elves to guide me. We will see the Wind-Blue together. Please illuminate the path into Aelfheim!
Eivor lit the brazier.
- Norse Soldier: Ah. I sense the Light Elves. The luxury of their strong souls! Here they are.
Eivor followed the man to another brazier.
- Eivor: Are you from here?
- Norse Soldier: I hail from Zealand. Joined Guthrum on his march through the swamps. But losing my eyes, they left me behind.
They reached the second brazier. Eivor lit it, then followed the man to another.
- Eivor: Your family? Friends?
- Norse Soldier: They are back in Zealand. But no need! I have the Light Elves who love and care for me now.
They reached the third brazier, and Eivor lit it. Across the swamp, another could be seen.
- Norse Soldier: We are close, so close! From here, a final leg to this journey. Yes, here, this is the path. The Wind-Blue is across the swan-road. I can see it! A river-steed will be needed to cross!
Eivor took command of a nearby boat and they crossed the river to the final brazier.
- Norse Soldier: Careful now... we don't want to attract any unwanted attention from the Dark Elves. O, how they haunt me.
They landed to find it was on the edge of the Soham Hideout, full of bandits.
- Norse Soldier: There. That is Freyr's castle. He keeps court in there. Or did. Until the Dark Elves came.
Eivor and the man were attacked by bandits.
- Eivor: You were right about those Dark Elves. For Odin!
- Norse Soldier: The Dark Elves have returned! Spare them no mercy, burst their skulls into small crumbs! Cut their large ears off!
Please let me find the Wind-Blue! You foul Dark Elves are ruining it!
Eivor returned and spoke to him again after killing all of them.
- Eivor: You can have your Wind-Blue now, in peace, old drengr.
- Norse Soldier: Ah, yes. The realm is safe... for now. Hej, drengr.
Eivor lit the braziers and defended the blind man from bandits.
- Soham Hideout can be cleared or raided with Eivor's crew prior to starting this quest, and will remain empty if you don't leave the area. Speak to the man again after his comment about Freyr's castle and the event will continue as though Eivor cleared the bandits then.