After the incident at Cristina's place, Ezio returned to his house to see his father waiting at the doors.
- Ezio: Good morning, father.
- Giovanni: Come with me.
- Ezio: Is something wrong?
- Giovanni: Do you think me blind and deaf, son? I know all about your fight with Vieri de' Pazzi last night. And then this little visit to Cristina! Your behavior is unacceptable! It... It...
Giovanni laughed and changed from a serious manner to a more jovial one.
- Giovanni: It reminds me of myself when I was your age! I assume these misadventures won't interfere with your work today?
- Ezio: No, padre. Avete la mia parola. (No, father. You have my word.)
Giovanni led Ezio into his office.
- Giovanni: I've prepared some documents here for Lorenzo de' Medici to review. I need them delivered to him.
- Ezio: With haste, father.
- Giovanni: Return to me when it's done.
Ezio left to deliver the documents to Lorenzo. Upon reaching his destination, he was greeted by the housekeeper.
- Housekeeper: Ah! Ezio! Ben trovato! (Well met!) How are you?
- Ezio: Come sempre. (Same as ever.) I have a letter for Messer Lorenzo.
- Housekeeper: I'll see that he receives it when he returns.
- Ezio: Returns?
- Housekeeper: They've gone to Villa Careggi, I'm afraid. And are not expected back for at least another day.
- Ezio: I'll let my father know.
Ezio returned to his father, and met Federico outside.
- Federico: Keep up the good work.
- Ezio: Bischero!
Inside his father's office, Ezio found that they had a guest.
- Uberto: You worry too much, Giovanni. Francesco de' Pazzi is in prison. The threat is ended.
Giovanni spotted Ezio.
- Giovanni: Ah, hello son. You remember my friend Uberto?
- Ezio: Good morning, Gonfaloniere Alberti.
- Uberto: To you as well, young man.
- Giovanni: I trust you delivered the message?
- Ezio: Sì, padre. (Yes, father.) But it seems Lorenzo is out of town.
- Giovanni: Hmm, I did not anticipate this...
- Uberto: What does it matter? So you wait another day or two.
Giovanni turned to Ezio.
- Giovanni: Listen, your mother and sister have been looking for you. I'll need you again in a little while, but for now – see if you can't help them.
- Ezio: Are you sure?
- Giovanni: Yes. Now, if you'll excuse us...?
- Uberto: Good to see you, Ezio.
Ezio discovered that Lorenzo and his family were away from the city and would not return for at least another day or two. He was formally introduced to Uberto Alberti and learned that Francesco de' Pazzi had been imprisoned.