- Randvi: I have received a unique summons from Snotinghamscire in the north. From your old friend, Vili.
- Eivor: Vili! A name I have not heard in ten winters or more. How is he?
- Randvi: Well, it seems. Vili asks that you join him in feast and celebration, in honor of his father, Hemming Jarl.
- Eivor: A welcome invitation. It'll be good to see him again.
- Randvi: It is worth recalling that his father, Hemming Jarl, would be a formidable ally. Will you go?
Eivor pledged to Snotinghamscire.
- Eivor: I will leave for Snotinghamscire today.
- Randvi: Good. They will be pleased.
Eivor left Ravensthorpe and traveled to Snotingham.
- Eivor: This must be Snotingham. Saxon and Dane live in peace. I expected nothing less for land under Hemming Jarl's rule.
As she entered the city, a woman noticed Eivor's arrival.
Eivor entered into a path to a tunnel.
- Eivor: Snotingham ... it'll be good to see Vili again.
As she passed by the village people, Eivor was recognized again.
- Norse Man 1: Pour the mead! Eivor's come to Snotingham!
- Eivor: Skal!
Eivor arrived inside a hall filled mead and goods all around. Soon, Eivor heard a familiar voice.
- Trygve: Make sure the supplies are secured. We may set off at any moment.
Eivor went and spoke with Trygve.
- Trygve: Do I trust my own eyes? Is that truly who I see?
- Eivor: Trygve, you old hound. How are you?
- Trygve: Eivor, a friend of old is a good omen.
- Eivor: Look at this. Your chin-grass might be mistaken for hedges now.
- Trygve: But a healthy jarl-beard it is not.
- Eivor: And what of Vili? I was happy to get his message.
- Trygve: I stand in Vili's place today. He and his father have gone to Ulkerthorpe to stave off an invasion of Picts. We've laid a long siege, and Hemming Jarl looks to finish the job.
- Eivor: I have not fought besides Vili and his father since we were young. They have my blade if they need it.
(Yes - Let us go)
- Eivor: I'm ready for whatever danger awaits. Prepare your convoy and we'll be off.
Trygve nodded and started to ready his people.
- Trygve: Our jarl has waited long enough. We follow the Wolf-Kissed to the encampment.
Eivor followed Trygve's lead the way to Vili and Hemming Jarl. Both warriors chatted along the way.
- Trygve: Eivor, the Raven Clan's Wolf-Kissed ... you'll soon have more names than the All-Father himself.
- Eivor: I've traveled far, spilling the dew of slaughter. A reputation is the price of victory.
- Trygve: Indeed.
Trygve led Eivor to the docks of Snotingham. Trygve talked with his warriors.
- Eivor: Ready the sea-beasts. Eivor Wolf-Kissed is here to escort us up river.
- Eivor may had escorted Trygve and his warriors to find Vili and Hemming Jarl on her longship or by horseback.
- Eivor: I remember when Vili and I were small children, you spun many epic yarns for us over the hearth-fire. But I do not remember you telling us how you came to serve Hemming Jarl. Is it a tale worth telling?
- Trygve: It is, but a sad one ... I suppose I was the age you are now. Skadi had sent us a harsh winter and much of our clan was starving. To feed us, my family incurred a large-work debt. But my youth rendered me too proud to pay it off. I wanted to raid, not toil. For my failure, Hemming Jarl could've taken what he wanted from my family. Including our lives. But his heart is kind. He spared us, and I pledged myself to him. Gladly so. So it has even been.
- Eivor: A story of quiet honor. If we had more tales of that kind, the world might be a more forgiving place.
On their brief sea voyage, the Vikings were attacked by the Picts.
- Eivor: Picts ashore! Protect the convoy!
Eivor, along with her allies and warriors, defeated the Picts' ambushers.
- Eivor: That's all of them. But stay on guard.
After a brief sail, the Vikings were attacked once again by the Picts.
- Eivor: Picts on the ridge! Guard the convoy!
After defeating the second ambush, Trygve talked with Eivor.
- Eivor: Careful, Eivor! These supplies bring fire to the Ulkerthorpe siege.
Another ambush by Picts occurred but Eivor and her crew were proving victorious.
- Trygve: The convoy remains, Wolf-Kissed!
- Eivor: Oars, back us around. The convoy is laid bare.
- Trygve: The convoy is unscathed. Hemming Jarl will be pleased.
- Eivor may had left the convoy unprotected if she distanced herself too far.
- Eivor: I cannot leave Hemming's convoy unprotected.
Eivor and the convoy sailed to the docks nearby Sherwood Forest.
- Eivor: I have orders to go to Stoneburgh, but our camp is just ahead, so hurry on without me. Vili and Hemming Jarl will be pleased to see you.
Eivor traveled and arrived at the Tip of the Spear. Upon her arrival, Eivor was greeted by other warriors.
- Norse Soldier 1: Eivor, hail! We have not laid eyes on you for some ten winters now.
- Eivor: Hail, friend.
Eivor caught sight of Hemming, at the top of the base.
- Hemming: The Picts cower. Muster the men for battle.
Eivor talked with Hemming.
- Hemming: Freyja's kiss, you came. Welcome.
- Eivor: Your son sent for me, Hemming Jarl. One of the happier messages I have had in England.
- Hemming: I wish I could expand on this happiness with good news. But we are in the center of a storm. And yet my old heart sings great songs at the sight of you. You look good, Eivor. Strong. Healthy.
- Eivor: My heart sings as well. It is good to see you again.
- Hemming: Yours is a poet's heart, I am told. What a mix of spirits you have.
Hemming started to cough.
- Eivor: Of course, of course. You know how rumors grow. A fish the size of a hand at catching is the size of a man the next morning.
Eivor and Hemming look towards .
- Hemming: We must end this soon. Before the weather changes.
- Eivor: The whole of my clan would be here if you called them.
- Hemming: No need. These men are flies for swatting. Even now, Trygve rides for Stoneburgh, should any Picts escape. It will all be ended by this time tomorrow.
Eivor and Hemming walked towards his warriors as Hemming spoke to them.
- Hemming: You have known me as your jarl for an age. And I have known and loved you all since you were babes. An easy burden to bear.
Vili walked in, besides Eivor.
- Vili: Let's hope you fight better than you age, old friend.
- Eivor: You're not slurring, Vili. Have you mislaid your ale?
- Hemming: Today, you do not fight for me. Not for each other. Today, you fight for your children. Fight so that they may grow, so they may be good and just, as you are. For them, today, we take back Ulkerthorpe!
Vili spoke to the warriors next.
- Vili: Trygve and Eivor have brought us arrows and oil to bring fire-light to the Picts, to feed their traps! The first to signal from the top of the tower, their war chief's weapon in hand, drinks my mead for the month!
The warriors cheered as Eivor talked with him.
- Eivor: Thor's beard, it's good to see you, Vili.
- Vili: O, is it? Or have you come to snatch glory from my calloused hands?
- Eivor: We can snatch glory together. Unles you're too frightened to fight beside me.
- Vili: O, no! This is a contest now. To the top of that tower, and the Pict chief is the prize.
- Eivor: For old times, then.
- Vili: And new alike.
Eivor and Vili gained a start ahead as Hemming readied his troops.
- Hemming: Fight, Hemmingsons! Bring victory today, for tommorow we feast!
Hemming's warriors cheered as they all started the siege. Vili led the charge.
- Norse Warrior 1: Light the arrows! May they burn with flame unbridled!
- Vili: The Pict chief hides behind men like a coward. I have no doubt he will be well fortified. Look for him on high ground.
- Eivor: I will have his head for Hemming Jarl.
- Norse Warrior 2: Vili and the Wolf-Kissed fight by our sides again!
As the Vikings fought through Pict warriors, Eivor made her way through the fort.
- Eivor: The chief will make his stand in the tower.
Eivor fought her way through the Pict warriors.
- Norse Warrior 3: Avenge our fallen! Show no mercy!
Atop the highest tower, Eivor made her way and climbed to the top. There, Eivor found the chief, Gede, guarded by his warriors.
- Eivor: There, the chief.
Eivor started to fight the chief and his warriors.
- Pict Warrior 1: They come for the chief! Stop them!
Eivor defeated the chief in combat.
- Pict Warrior 2: The chief is dead! Run! Flee to the hills!
Eivor soon claimed his spear. After the siege, Eivor held the spear to Hemming's warriors, who cheered. Behind Eivor, an injured Hemming came to congratulate Eivor, who turned and was shocked at Hemming's injury.
- Eivor: You're injured.
- Hemming: No no, stop stop. I am fine. There is more blood here than injury.
However, Hemming fell to Eivor, who lifted him up.
- Eivor: Pride cannot heal you Hemming. Only care and bandages.
- Hemming: My clan fought well, did they not? You saw it, the heart in these people. How they rallied behind their jarl.
- Eivor: You have that effect on men. They trust you.
- Hemming: And they love my son all the more. But he lacks the trust of our thegns. And I am running out of time to persuade them.
- Eivor: You're sick.
- Hemming: And you accept it. Unlike my son. He thinks me immortal ... because he must. He does not want what I have to give him.
- Eivor: Was it Vili who summoned me? Or you, Hemming?
- Hemming: I thought you would come faster if it was Vili's name you heard first. I need your wisdom, Eivor. Your discretion.
- Eivor: You have it, of course.
- Hemming: There will be an Althing soon, in which the nobles must name a new jarl. And I am torn. I would have my son follow in my steps, but he is reluctant. He follows his warrior's heart. Others will name Trygve. A fine man with a mind for leadership, but his lineage is tattered and he is less bold.
- Eivor: I have known Vili since we were small. He is bold and courageous, and your warriors love the man. The nobles should choose him.
Hemming stood up and walked to the edge of the tower as Eivor followed him.
- Hemming: Your sight is clear and your mind is sharp. Let that guide your thinking in the days to come. Vili departs for Kinder Downfall soon. Ride with him. And talk, like old friends made new.
- Eivor: If I see any Valkyries lurking nearby, I will send them away.
- Hemming: I can fight them off a while longer.
Hemming began to leave Eivor as she went to find Vili.
- Hemming: Vili waits for you below, Eivor.
Eivor escorted a convoy, met with Hemming and Vili at the Tip of the Spear, and sieged Ulkerthorpe Fort. Eivor was given the task to find a suitable successor to Hemming, from either Vili or Trygve.