|This article is about a member of the Cult of Kosmos. You may be looking for Nyx, the Greek goddess of the night.|
- "Nothing gets past the Eyes of Kosmos."
- ―Nyx the Shadow[src]
Despite her youthful appearance, Nyx had made a career of being 'The Shadow', a faceless agent who could be anyone by the time of the Peloponnesian War.
This skill in crafting believable personalities, complete with entire histories and lives made The Shadow a valuable asset to the Cult of Kosmos, and she rose in their ranks to become the Sage of the Eyes of Kosmos.
During the Peloponnesian War, the Ghost of Kosmos sent a letter to The Shadow instructing her to "share nothing" that she observed with the Cult, only with the Ghost, telling her that Kosmos himself did "not just command it, he demands it."
It was rumored among the Eyes of Kosmos that The Shadow was bearing a grudge against one of the Eyes, Sotera, due to her "hiding something" from The Shadow. One of Sotera's fellow members sought to warn Sotera, and urged her to escape before the "the other child of the bloodline" could find her. Ironically, the letter instead helped the Spartan misthios Kassandra find Sotera, and find a clue to the identity of the branch's Sage.
At some point, The Shadow sent a letter to Midas, another member of the Eyes of Kosmos as well as their treasurer, urging him to hurry with the news that "Agamemnon and all traces of his lineage" were eradicated from the world. Why The Shadow wished to see the very memory of the mythical king Agamemnon destroyed was never discovered.
- Nyx is the primordial goddess of the night in Greek mythology. The word itself, νῠ́ξ (núx), means 'night'.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Cultists: Nyx the Shadow
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Cult of Kosmos clues: The Ghost's Whisper to Nyx
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Cult of Kosmos clues: Warning to Sotera
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – The Eyes of Kosmos
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Cult of Kosmos clues: Etching on Hermippos's Gloves
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Cult of Kosmos clues: Sage Letter to Midas