|This article is about member of the Cult of Kosmos. You may be looking for Midas of Greek mythology.|
- "Who needs democracy when drachmae rules the world?"
Midas made his name as a banker in Argos, the capital of Argolis. At some point in his life, he joined the Cult of Kosmos as a treasurer of the Eyes of Kosmos-branch, and the leader of the Eyes in Argos.
When the Worshippers of the Bloodline looted ruins and tombs, the Sage of the Eyes tasked Midas with "cleaning their mess," and with removing all traces of the sites from history. Of special interest to the Sage was the utter demolition of everything related to Agamemnon, after Midas' Worshippers had failed in their mission to resurrect the "first true servant of Kosmos". Subsequently, Midas had his men burn all the locations once the Worshippers were done with them. This was done out of fear, as the Sage suggested Midas prepare his own burial if he failed in destroying all evidence of Agamemnon's lineage.
During the Peloponnesian War, the Cult of Kosmos met for the first time in a long while within their shrine in the depths of the Sanctuary of Delphi. This meeting was infiltrated by the Spartan misthios Kassandra, under a costume stolen from Elpenor. While there, she discovered numerous letters, including the one written by the Sage of the Eyes of Kosmos to Midas.
After the meeting, Kassandra set out to demolish the Cult, including Midas, who fell to her blade in Argos.
- He shares the name of the mythological Midas, a king of Phrygia who had the ability to turn everything he touched into gold. This is referenced in the wording of his biography: "everything Midas touched turned to fire."
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Cultists – Eyes of Kosmos: Midas
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Cult of Kosmos clues: Instructions for Midas
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Cult of Kosmos clues: Sage Letter to Midas
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – The Serpent's Lair
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – The Eyes of Kosmos