At the time of the Peloponnesian War, the seminal Makedonia was notable only for the small village of Potidaia and the city of Amphipolis, which played vital roles at the beginning and end of the Peloponnesian War respectively. The economy of the sparsely populated region then was dominated by silver mining.
During the reign of Alexander III, the Kingdom of Macedon rose dominate Greece and became a powerful empire that spanned the ancient world. Backed by proto-Templars, who entrusted Alexander with a Staff and Trident of Eden, the young king became a legendary, undefeated general.
Following Alexander's assassination by the proto-Assassin Iltani in 323 BCE, the Trident was split into three prongs. Two of the prongs were taken by Alexander's generals, Seleucus and Ptolemy, while the final one was sent to Makedonia.
In 42 BCE, armies under the command of Marcus Antonius and Octavian clashed with those of the Hidden Ones Brutus and Cassius at the Battle of Philippi, and Cassius was killed in the ensuing battle. Faced with inevitable defeat, Brutus fled and committed suicide shortly thereafter.
Following Brutus' death, his fellow Hidden Ones gathered in Philippi and attempted to resurrect him with the Shroud of Eden to no avail. Brutus only opened his eyes and moved without breathing, subsequently falling still in a seeming second death.
Makedonia was made up of four regions:
- The emblem of Makedonia features the stylized head of a horse.
- During the 16th century, the Italian Assassin Ezio Auditore owned a dagger of Macedonian origin.
- Assassin's Creed: Revelations (mentioned only)
- Assassin's Creed: Last Descendants (mentioned only)
- Assassin's Creed: Odyssey (first appearance)
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Legacy of the First Blade: Hunted
- ↑ Assassin's Creed Encyclopedia
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Revelations – Abstergo Files
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Assassin's Creed: Last Descendants
- ↑ Assassin's Creed II
- ↑ Assassin's Creed Chronicles: India
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Assassin's Creed: Project Legacy – Holidays: Chapter 1 – Ghosts of Christmas Past
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Syndicate – Database: Reconstructed Data 011