Bayek visited the House of the Threshed Grain in Aaru, where he found a man sitinng on a bench. He approached the man.
- Het: Are you married, (Seni)?
- Bayek: Once, but no longer.
- Het: I'm sorry, I don't mean to open old wounds. My wife would chide me for prying... if she was here. She passed through the Hall of Two Truths, I am sure of it. But then why hasn't she joined me? Even the damned Ren ritual didn't work.
- Bayek: You spoke her true name?
- Het: Should I accept that I will never see her again?
- Bayek: Thy souls rejoined. Without diminution and without defect, unto Ra eternal. It is promised.
- Het: Perhaps... The Annuls of the Gate? It records all who enter. But it a forbidden codex heavily guarded in the Lodge of Names.
- Bayek: If your wife is here, I will reunite you.
- Het: Take this remembrance, she will know it. An eternity of blessings on you, brother.
Het passed his wedding band to Bayek.
- Het: The bread, the incense, I gathered it all, but the ritual did not work.
Bayek travelled to the Lodge of Names, where it was heavily guarded by Anubis warriors.
- Bayek: The Lodge of Names, the scrolls of the dead will be here.
Bayek eliminated the guards and entered a building filled with scrolls. He read some scrolls on the corner table.
- Ba and Ka: The Ba of those who have passed in the afterlife keeps watch as the Ka iluminates their paths and protects them.
Bayek read another scroll on the table in the other corner.
- A Love Poem: And you shall be the Heiress, First amongst women in the Palace, Fair of Face, Adorned with the Double Plumes, Mistress of Happiness, Endowed with Favors. At hearing your voice, I the King, rejoice. You my Chief Wife, my beloved, the Lady of the Two Lands, Neferneferuaten-Nefertiti. May all worship her, may she live for Ever and Always... never fading, beauty eternal.
He read the large scroll in the center of the altar.
- Bayek: Her name changed to Yinepu when she entered the afterlife! Would Anubis have decreed this? I could reattempt Het's ritual with her true name. He spoke of bread and incense...
Bayek travelled to the Royal Bakery, where the bread are made in. He destroyed a pot and recovered a loaf of bread.
- Bayek: The ritual loaf for the Ren ceremony, I need a few more.
Bayek recovered three more loafs of bread. He then collected incense from a pot.
- Bayek: I must find a brazier for Het's spell.
Bayek travelled to the Palace of the Lady of Grace, where he found a brazier at the back of the palace. He put the bread and incense into the brazier, performing the ritual.
- Bayek: Nefer en Yinepu pen hena ren-f anx Yinepu pen hena ka-f.
A ball of light emerged from the brazier and left the palace.
- Bayek: Is that the... Ren? It draws me after it!
Bayek followed the light across the field of reeds, through the House of Libations cellar, until it eventually assimilated into an Anubis Warrior stationed in the garden.
- Bayek: The Ren, it fled into the servant of Anubis. I must release it!
Bayek killed the Anubis warrior, freeing the Ren.
An apparition of the Anubis servant appeared. Bayek handed Het's wedding band to the servant. A flashback of Anuke was shown, in which she attempted to rescue a lady who was being beaten up by bandits. Anuke eliminated one of them, but the second dodged her strike and snapped her neck. Anuke woke up facing Bayek with Anubis behind her.
- Anubis: You gave her peace. She was my sword for a millennia but all are reunited when duty is done. And so shall it be for you.
Anuke exchanged a nod with Bayek before disappearing.
Some time later, Bayek returned to Het at the House of the Threshed Grain and found him happily reunited with his wife, restored to her previous identity of Anuke.
- Anuke: I did not believe I would see you again.
- Het: In my darkest hours I feared the same. Your death... it was foul, obscene?
- Anuke: Bandits came to the village, killed many, beat many. I could not tremble behind our door as our neighbors died.
- Het: The Lord of the sacred land made you his champion.
- Anuke: I offered my afterlife to the scales, served the great balancer.
- Het: And when your duty was done, he released you. To me.
- Anuke: You are my heart's hunger.
- Het: And you my soul's feast.
Bayek discovered that Het's wife entered the afterlife with a different name, thus resulting in her not being at his side. Eventually he reunited both of them through Het's ritual, gaining a bow in the process.