During the height of the Bonfire of the Vanities in Florence, Ezio Auditore came across a dying Manfredo Soderini, who informed him that Girolamo Savonarola's men had attacked his home, and that Cristina Vespucci had fled with guards in pursuit.
Ezio found a dying Manfredo lying on the ground.
- Ezio: Manfredo!? What happened!?
- Manfredo: Men... Savonarola's men... They came through, destroying everything.
- Ezio: Where is Cristina!? Manfredo! WHERE IS SHE!
- Manfredo: She ran... They went after her!
- Ezio: No...!
Ezio reached Cristina, under attack by guards.
- Guard 1: Whore! Where are your riches now?
- Guard 2: Your fancy house, your expensive dress! They are sins against the Lord!
- Cristina: Leave me alone! Get away! I did nothing to you!
- Guard 2: Savonarola will see all you sinners burn!
- Guard 1: You should have submitted to Savonarola when you were told to!
- Cristina: Help me! Someone, help!
- Ezio: Cristina! RUN!
Cristina began to flee and her attackers chased after her. Shortly after, Ezio killed the attackers, however Cristina was mortally wounded. From there, Ezio brought Cristina into a courtyard.
- Ezio: Cristina... Hold on! I'll get you to a doctor... You're going to be all right.
- Cristina: No... Ezio... I don't think I am...
- Ezio: No! Don't... Don't go... Stay with me, Cristina.
- Cristina: Ezio... Don't you know...? I've always been with you.
Cristina tugged out the pendant around her neck.
- Cristina: I wish we... could have had... a second chance.
- Ezio: Requiescat in pace (Rest in peace) my love.
Ezio succeeded in fending off Cristina's attackers, however, Cristina died from her wounds.