- Stede: Ah... lively Havana! I've been here once before. It was a truly awe-ful pleasure.
- Edward: See someone you know?
- Stede: No, no, no. Just putting on a friendly face. I shouldn't want to be mistaken for a pirate again.
- Edward: Right. Flash rogue like yourself must be cautious.
- Stede: It's mad to think Spain and England were at war two years ago, isn't it? Here I am, bartering with Spaniards like they were my cousins. Something wrong, Duncan?
- Edward: No. It's nothing. Sand in my hampers. So where's the best squat in town? I'm dying for a quick kip. Or a siesta, should I say?
- Stede: Um... I'm just headed to a ... a public house now to meet some merchants. I could... I could show you the way.
- Edward: Well, lead on.
- Stede: I hope you'll tarry a bit while I conduct my meeting. It would be a great relief to have a man of your stature nearby. In case of a... misunderstanding.
- Edward: I can hang about. I might have a drink.
- Stede: Splendid. A drink.
Edward and Stede walked by some cages with skeletons.
- Stede: Gracious! What a revolting sight!
- Edward: Well they don't take kindly to pirates here, do they? Wonder how many stolen reales bought these men this perch?
They walked by a group of dancers.
- Edward: (Hello) ladies.
- Stede: You don't know these women, do you?
- Edward: No - they charge money for that kind of privilege. Few dozen reales for every hour of knowing. Keen to meet them?
- Stede: No! Goodness, no. I am a married man!
- Edward: Married men are their forte, mate.
- Stede: Ah! Here's a purveyor of personal defences! I should acquire a blade for myself, Duncan. Just as you have.
- Edward: This rusty razor is nothing to admire.
- Stede: Even so, I appear a mere kitten walking so close upon you. Perhaps a small dagger would suit me. Let's see what he's selling.
- Edward: Maybe I'll buy a sword too, we'll both jump rank.
- Stede: Ah, we'll be quite the pair, you and I. Twin devils!
- Edward: Lend us a few reales then. I did save your skin.
- Stede: Ah, uh... of course!
- Edward: Cheers.
Edward bought a new pair of swords.
- Edward: That's a better fit for me. How'd you fare?
- Stede: I had only enough for a small knife, sadly. Still, it'll do in a pinch. Oh, puffer-duff... I have led us astray, Duncan.
- Edward: Oh, no matter. I'll get us a better view. What are we looking for?
- Stede: Uh, a tavern! With a sort of courtyard interior.
Edward climbed a church tower.
- Stede: My goodness, you are an agile chap!
- Edward: Every finger's a fishhook! That's how you tell a true sailor.
- Stede: Ah ha! Yes. A fine way to put it.
Edward found a high spot and located the tavern.
- Edward: I think I see the place, it's not far.
Stede was set upon by a pickpocket.
- Stede: Ahh! Stop!
- Robber: Ah! (Stop struggling, fatman!)
- Stede: (Stop! Stop!) Oh! He's robbed me blind! Good god, what do I do?
- Edward: Hang tight!
- Stede: Oh, I can't breathe. I think my heart has stopped.
- Edward: Stop or I'll break your knees when I catch you!
I'm close at heel, shitbird!
Here I come!
Don't make me chase you into the harbor!
Edward chased and tackled the pickpocket.
- Edward: You robbed the wrong man, mate. A fellow with dangerous friends.
Edward returned to Bonnet.
- Stede: Duncan, by jove, you're alive.
- Edward: Of course I am. That filch was no fuss.
- Stede: Ah, we've arrived.
- Edward: Take your time. I'll be just here.
- Patron: Fancy meeting a Welshman deep in Dago country. I'm English meself. Biding my time 'til the next war calls me to service.
- Edward: Lucky King George having a piss-pot like you flying his flag.
- Patron: Oy! Skulk! I seen your face before. You's mates with them pirates down in Nassau.
- Edward: Shut your fucking gob or I fill it with shot. You hear me?
- Patron: Edward, is it?
Edward knocked the man out.
- Man: You bastard!
- Edward: Hey, I warned him...
Edward entered into a bar brawl.
- Edward: You want a dust-up, I'll give you one.
Come on lads! I've seen bigger arms on a bird!
One more! Come on!
Several Spanish guards stormed into the tavern.
- Soldier 1: (Clear the road!)
- Citizen 1: (Soldiers are coming!)
- Citizen 2: (Run!)
- Stede: You- You're not leaving me?
- Edward: I'll catch you up!
- Soldier 2: (English dog!)
Edward escaped from the Spanish soldiers.
Having re-equipped himself with a set of new swords and scouted out the local surroundings, Edward prevented Stede from being robbed by a pickpocket. However, he then left Stede in a tavern and managed to escape from the Spanish soldiers following a bar brawl.