- "Once the target has been downed, either by Oswald or Z., use PE1 to stage a distraction."
- ―A member of Abstergo Industries in a message to an associate, 1963.[src]
Assassination of John F. Kennedy
On 22 November 1963, Lee Harvey Oswald acting the main gunman, was backed by Abraham Zapruder as the second gunman, and William Greer as Kennedy's driver, a secret agent of the Assassin extremist cell known as the Bloodstone Unit in deep-cover as a Templar agent and Secret Service personnel who was trained in the use of an Apple of Eden by Abstergo Industries. The two Templars were however unable to kill the President, as the assassination was instead performed by Greer's Bloodstone cohorts, leaving Oswald to take the fall. In the confusion after the assassination, Greer was able to steal Kennedy's Apple of Eden, though the Apple was later recovered by the actual Brotherhood.
Personality and traits
Oswald willingly subjected himself to memory suppression techniques in order to lived a falsified life manufactured by Abstergo Industries and no longer had any knowledge of the company itself or his involvement with them.
- Assassin's Creed II (Glyphs only)
- Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Mentioned in Abstergo Files only)
- Assassin's Creed: Bloodstone (mentioned only)