The Lageion Hippodrome, also known as the Hippodrome of Alexandria was a hippodrome located between Alexandria and Kanopos in Egypt. As the only hippodrome in Egypt, it was named in honor of Lagos, the father of Ptolemy I Soter.
During the 1st century BCE, it was home to several racing teams, including the Veneta Blue and the Prasina Green, under whose banner the Medjay Bayek of Siwa took part in various races in the stadium.
In 48 BCE, Bayek met with Machus, one of Apollodorus' informants outside the hippodrome. There, Machus directed Bayek to meet Apollodorus at the lighthouse near Kanopos. Shortly afterwards, Bayek reunited with Claridas, a childhood friend of his who had left Siwa years prior and became a hippodrome racer.
- The real Lageion Hippodrome was located within Alexandria just to the south of the Serapeum. However, the in game hippodrome is located where Strabo’s “so-called hippodrome” stood outside the Canopic Gate to the east of Alexandria on the way to Nicopolis.
- ↑ Assassin's Creed Origins: Official Game Guide
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Origins – Discovery Tour
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Origins – Egypt's Medjay
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Origins – Old Times
- ↑ The stadium, hippodrome or “Lageion” of Ancient Alexandria. www.roger-pearse.com. Accessed 19 December 2019.
- ↑ Roman Circuses: Arenas for Chariot Racing. www.books.google.com. Accessed 19 December 2019.