- "H. and S. brought on the turmoil and fear necessary, now we must strike fast to ensure development continues in the proper direction."
- ―A member of Abstergo Industries referencing Stalin in a message, 1944.[src]
Ioseb Besarionis dze Jughashvili, later known as Joseph Vissarionovich Stalin (1878 – 1953), was the General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union's Central Committee from 1922 until his death in 1953.
After Vladimir Lenin's death, and under the regime of Stalin, the state's approach to communism became corrupted. While Stalin was not a member of the Templar Order, the Templars infiltrated the Politburo, secretly influencing Stalin's regime. The Stalinist government allowed the Templar Yuri Petrovich Figatner to head a special government commission to investigate the Russian Academy of Sciences and persecute "counter-revolutionaries". Many Assassins and scientists loyal to the Assassin cause were killed or forced into hiding during Stalin's regime.
Under their influence, Stalin took a leading role in World War II alongside Adolf Hitler, bringing on the turmoil and fear necessary for Abstergo Industries to take control over the working population. In 1953, the Assassins managed to kill Stalin with the use of poison, making it look like he died of a stroke.
- Assassin's Creed II (Glyphs only)
- Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (Rifts only)
- Assassin's Creed: Initiates