- Hytham: I have something here for you. Tidings that may displease you.
- Eivor: Tell me.
- Hytham: You remember Kjotve's son, Gorm? He has since taken his father's place in The Order.
- Eivor: Interesting. Is Gorm here in England? Is he another blotch on our list?
- Hytham: He is one of our targets, yes. But he is not in England. He is further west, in fact. A land called Vinland, discovered centuries ago by an Irish sailor called Brendan. The Order of the Ancients has some recent fascination with Vinland, but I cannot say what it might be.
- Eivor: Let me find out for you, after I silence Gorm.
- Hytham: Vinland is far away, according to my source. It may take weeks to find him, after a long and perilous journey.
- Eivor: There is no danger that would cow me, Hytham. I will speak with Randvi and arrange passage.
Eivor went to talk to Randvi about Vinland.
- Randvi: Have you spoke with Hytham about Vinland?
- Eivor: I have.
- Randvi: Good. I have marked it on the map, with a bit of guess work as to its location. Let me know when you wish to leave.
Eivor looked at the bottom of the alliance map and consulted with Randvi.
- Eivor: What can you tell me of Vinland? Is it a real place or a merely a rumor?
- Randvi: Rumor or not, I found someone willing to sail you there. She claims to have seen it once before.
- Eivor: If she's willing to risk her life besides me and make the long journey, I'll take her at her word.
- Randvi: Nessa is her name. Meet her at the docks when you are ready to leave.
Eivor then pledged to Vinland.
- Eivor: I will go now. And end the life of Gorm Kjotvesson where the Valkyries cannot find him.
- Randvi: It is a long voyage, Eivor. Be careful.
Eivor then went to speak with Nessa at the docks.
- Nessa: Good day to you, stranger.
- Eivor: Nessa, is it? I am Eivor. Randvi said you would be my guide.
- Nessa: That is right. Passage to across the seas to Saint Brendan's land, is that right?
- Eivor: Randvi called it Vinland.
- Nessa: One and the same. It is a three week trip by longship. Arduous, dull, possibly fatal.
- Eivor: Should we survive, you will be compensated.
Randvi came to the docks for Eivor.
- Randvi: Eivor. Before you go... You must be dressed as a thrall when you arrive. To be seen as you are would raise suspicions. Gorm runs this new camp. And it is a good bet all but a few will be loyal to him.
- Eivor: Good thinking.
- Randvi: Only taking care of our prized drengr.
Randvi left Eivor, with a smile.
- Nessa: First things first, Eivor. My ship, my rules. Second, you follow the rules. Third, if you listen to my rules, you live.
- Eivor: Understood.
- Nessa: Good. Let me know when you're ready and we'll get going.
After getting everything ready, Eivor met with Nessa again.
- Nessa: Say the word and we are off.
Eivor agreed to travel to Vinland.
- Eivor: I'll leave my gear behind and dress the part. To Vinland we go.
- Nessa: Hop in, we leave now.
After three weeks, Nessa's ship finally reached its destination. As the longship approached the shore, Eivor spoke to herself.
- Eivor: Three cold weeks on the whale-road. Past mountains of ice and kingdoms of stone. Saga lands. All this way to kill a man. Gorm Kjotvesson, the son of my father's old foe. What dark work does The Order have so far across the open sea?
The boat landed on the shore at the edge of a small settlement. As Eivor disembarked from the boat, she noted the surroundings, particularly a woman directing the other new arrivals.
- Eivor: Someone in charge. I had better step with care. No friends here.
Eivor went up to the woman in charge.
- Hilde: You! You look stronger than most of the others. What's your name?
- Eivor: Jora. Of Jorvik.
- Hilde: Jora as in "Horse"?
- Eivor: My father never wanted children. What is this place?
- Hilde: Nyhofn, a wild place found on no map.
- Eivor: Are we settling here?
- Hilde: That is not our plan. Too many wild folk in the woods.
- Eivor: They threaten us?
- Hilde: You ask too many questions, Horse. Your task is to keep your mouth shut and do as I tell you. Now unload that ship and then I'll have you carry those-
- Dockhand: Hilde! Hilde!
A Norse man came running down to Hilde.
- Dockhand: Hilde, we can't find Olav.
- Hilde: Loki's arse. Not again.
- Dockhand: We cannot send supplies to Gorm without his guidance.
- Hilde: Haul what supplies to the nearest camps, then Gorm's men will do the rest.
- Eivor: Let me go. I can carry whatever supplies Gorm needs.
- Hilde: That's Olav's job, Horse. Not yours. You stick to this port and keep your head down!
Hilde turned back to the man.
- Hilde: Ask around about Olav. Someone must know where he has run off to.
Hilde left with the man.
- Eivor: If I can find this Olav, he may know where Gorm is.
Eivor set off for Vinland, and upon arrival, began her hunt for Gorm in secret.