- Ikaros functions identically to Senu from Assassin's Creed: Origins.
- Ikaros may be named after Icarus, who flew too close to the sun and fell to his death in Greek mythology.
- According to numerous individuals, Ikaros is the "eagle of Zeus", giving Kassandra her epithet of 'Eagle Bearer'.
- The life expectancy of a Golden Eagle is 30 years, if Ikaros had been watching over Kassandra since she was born, he would be nearing the end of his life by 422 BCE.
- By the time of the modern day, when Kassandra meets Layla in Atlantis, she mentions that Ikaros has long since passed away.
- In the novel Ikaros is found as a hatchling by Kassandra at the foot of Mount Taygetos when she comes to after being thrown from the top of it.
- In-game it's mentioned how Ikaros had been a "part of (Kassandra's) family ever since Sparta."