Kjotve has slipped our noose, but this hunt is far from over. He and his warband have gone North into the mountains. He has the southern scrolls that intrigued Sigurd so greatly.
My most loyal warriors are at my side. We will track him down and kill the black-scaled serpent.
Eivor and the three Raven Clan Vikings met in the wooded mountains.
- Eivor: The tracks have disappeared. We need to split up and sweep for signs.
- Viking 3: Yes, lord, but... what is it we are chasing? A stack of paper? What need has our king of this?
- Eivor: Trouble yourself over the spears of the foe. Kjotve's life itself is worthy enough cause.
- Viking 3: Of course, lord.
Eivor ran off in search of any clues on her own. The three Vikings scaled the mountain and adjacent waterfalls, eliminating any raiders they encountered until they met one of Kjotve's warriors beneath a scaffold platform hanging over a cliff face.
Undeterred by the boast, the Vikings attacked and killed the raider. They then resumed scaling the mountains, removing opposition until they reached the summit, where they were once again joined by Eivor.
- Eivor: The trail has been largely trampled, but I have picked up our quarry. Here!
- Viking 3: These tracks are fresh. We're closing on them.
- Eivor: Prepare yourselves. Kjotve will not just hand over what he has taken, and his very best will be with him.
The Vikings tracked Kjotve and his forces through the mountains and picked up the trail at the peak.
Behind the scenes
Despite 100% synchronization requiring that both treasure chests be unlocked, this feat is impossible in-game as there is no way to access the second chest. The first chest is on a bridge built halfway up a large waterfall, with the Vikings exiting on the opposite side of another bridge over the fall's plunge pool and being unable to descend, while the second chest is on a ledge which is only accessible by crossing the plunge pool.