The necropolis has increasingly been the source of mysterious sounds and sightings. Someone needs to look into it.
- Haganu: In the dark mountains, oh traveler, take care. The howls of the dead echo in pain. A spirit of evil won't let them rest.
Bayek spoke to Haganu.
- Haganu: The mountaisn of the Sinai, hide the tortured souls of the dead.
- Bayek: What is this all about?
- Haganu: Have you not heard? The old necropolis up in the mountains is haunted by all the dead who cannot enter the afterlife.
- Bayek: Someone should look into that.
Bayek traveled to the entrance leading to the mountains. There, he met Demet, along with his horse and a mummy on the horse's back.
- Demet: Oh! Dearest Iset, protect me and my poor wife!
- Bayek: Neb. Do you need help?
- Demet: My wife is ready for her journey to the Hall of Anubis, but my knees quake with fear. What awaits me at the necropolis? I have heard stories to turn a young man's hair white!
- Bayek: I am headed there. I will take your wife's body if you like.
- Demet: Would you? I will be a thousand times grateful!
Bayek rode Demet's horse further up the mountain.
- Bayek: I have a grim foreboding.
He arrived at the entrance to the necropolis, which was shrouded in mist.
- Bayek: What fiendishness is this? The stories of evilness may be true.
Bayek carried the mummy off the horse and into the necropolis. He heard screams echo from within.
- Bayek: What evil lurks here?
Bayek placed the mummy down on the ground.
- Bayek: The storyteller's song may be true. These are the sounds of a wicked spirit.
He heard more screams, accompanied by laughter. Eventually, Bayek discovered a small entrance and slid under it. Inside, he found parts of human bodies scattered everywhere.
- Bayek: These are the arms and legs of the dead! Someone is desecrating them.
Bayek went in further and discovered a man in the room.
- Set: Who dares interrupt me? I am the incarnation of Set, god of chaos! He who dismembered Osiris and spread pieces of him all across Egypt!
- Bayek: You are a desecrater and a murderer.
- Set: You are the incarnation of Iset! Come to stitch her husband together. You shall not!
Bayek killed the individual.
- Bayek: You will trouble the dead no longer.
Bayek helped Demet bring his wife's body to the necropolis. Investigating further, he traced the source of the tomb's haunting to a man who had desecrated the dead, and ended his reign of terror.