Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
- Jennifer: Father... did you always know how to sail a boat?
- Edward: The Jackdaw is a ship, Jenny. Not a boat.
- Jennifer: But did you always know?
- Edward: No. No, I learned after leaving Bristol.
- Jennifer: After you left mother?
- Edward: Well, I didn't leave your... I didn't leave without saying goodbye, that is. It was an arrangement, you see? Between your mother and me.
- Jennifer: She said you left her. She said you always talked about sailing a boat and making money in the New World.
- Edward: I did always want to sail a ship, that's true. But not for a lark. To support us. To take care of her... and you.
- Jennifer: Not me. Mother said you didn't know about me. She said you wrote only once a year, and that she never knew where to find you.
- Edward: That's all true. And I'm sorry for that. If I had known earlier... I don't know. I might have come home. I hope that I would have.
- Jennifer: Well... you were busy. That's what I think.
- Edward: I was. But... that wouldn't have mattered.
- Jennifer: Can I steer your boat?
- Edward: Boat? I see no boat here. Do you?
- Jennifer: Ugh. I mean ship, obviously. I don't see the difference anyway.
- Edward: Ah! It's a very simple one, Jenny. A ship can carry a boat, but a boat cannot carry a ship.
- Jennifer: Why, then everything is a ship, large and small, but for my toy boat. The one I take into the bath with me.
- Edward: That's a clever way of seeing it. Is it hard to talk about Caroline, Jenny? About your mother?
- Jennifer: Hmmm... no. She passed some years ago. I miss her, but it's all right.
- Edward: Was she in pain?
- Jennifer: I don't know. I don't think so. She was very happy for quite some time. Then not so happy. I didn't see her much after that. Then she was gone.
- Edward: I... I'm sorry. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you.
- Jennifer: It's all right. You're here now. And we're on an adventure!
- Edward: Only a little one, I hope. I can't handle too many more surprises.
- Jennifer: Do you think we'll see a whale?
- Edward: Yes. There's a very good chance.
- Jennifer: Hm! And what about pirates? Will I see pirates?
- Edward: No. There's not much chance of that, I think.
- Jennifer: Oh. That's rather sad. I should have liked to have seen one.
- Edward: Tell you what, Jenny. As soon as these winds die a little bit, I'll let you steer the Jackdaw. One little trick at the helm before sundown.
- Jennifer: Yay!
- Suitor: Miss Jennifer Kenway. May I introduce myself...
- Jennifer: Jennifer Scott, if you please.
- Suitor: I'm sorry. I- I...
- Edward: My daughter was raised by her mother, Caroline, until she passed away some years ago. Jenny prefers to use her surname to mine.
- Suitor: Ah. Forgive my ignorance.
- Edward: I will. She may not.
- Haytham: Father, help me!
Edward turned to Haytham.
- Edward: This little rascal, however, IS a Kenway. What's wrong, Haytham?
- Haytham: I can't see the stage!
- Edward: Up we go. How's that?
- Haytham: Fine. But won't your arms tire?
- Edward: Hey, I'm not so old as that! But if they do, then we shall quit this posh gig and go and meet your mother for some chocolate at White's. How's that sound?
- Haytham: Yes, please!
- Edward: Ok. Hush now...
Edward and his daughter returned to England, where they started their lives anew. Sometime later, Edward remarried and conceived a son, Haytham Kenway.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.