Ezio follows the Janissaries, wearing his slightly damaged disguise.
- Janissary 1: Selim understands our plight. The Byzantines, the Mamluks, the Safavid. Only he has the courage to face these threats.
- Janissary 2: Haklisin. (You speak truth.) Selim is a warrior. Like Osman and Mehmet.
- Janissary 1: So why has our Sultan chosen a cat over our lion.
- Janissary 2: Ahmet shares the Sultan's calm temperament. They are too much alike, I fear.
- Janissary 1: Why does Ahmet linger in this city? He knows he is not wanted.
- Janissary 2: He is like a moth hovering around an open flame. Waiting for his father to perish so that he may step to the throne.
- Janissary 1: Did you hear? He offered Tarik a sum of money in exchange for our loyalty.
- Janissary 2: God damn him. What did Tarik do?
They arrive at the Janissaries camp.
- Guard: Khardeshlerim! (Brothers!) One of our own was found murdered and stripped of his garments not an hour ago, his body dumped like a mound of rubbish. Keep a close watch on these streets as you move about. Someone is planning to strike in our name. We must be ready.
Ezio infiltrates the camp and oversees Tarik meeting with a Janissary.
- Janissary: Tarik. A message for you.
- Tarik: Harikulade. (Perfect.) The rifles have arrived in Cappadocia, where Manuel has garrisoned his army.
- Janissary: And our men, are they still with him?
- Tarik: Evet. (Yes.) They will contact us when the Byzantines decamp, then we will meet them when they reach Bursa.
- Janissary: Everything is falling into place, efendim (my Lord).
- Tarik: Evet. (Yes.) For once.
Ezio assassinates Tarik.
- Tarik: Ah, what a bitter irony. Is this the result of Suleiman's investigation?
- Ezio: You collude with the Sultan's enemies. What did you expect would come of such treachery?
- Tarik: I blame myself. Not for treason, but hubris. I was preparing an ambush. Preparing to strike the Byzantine Templars where they felt safest.
- Ezio: What proof do you have of this?
- Tarik: See here. This will lead you to the Byzantines in Cappadocia. Destroy them if you can.
- Ezio: You have done well, Tarik. Forgive me.
- Tarik: Protect my homeland, Assassin. Allah ashkina (In God's name), redeem the honor we have lost in this fight.
- Janissary: Murderer! Kill him!
- Ezio: I am getting tired of this uniform.
Ezio kills Tarik, but finds out he was an innocent man who tried to track the Byzantines himself, though through different means.
- To gain full Synchronization, Ezio must perform an air assassination on Tarik.