After arriving in Stenwege Camp, Eivor overheard the inquiries of Faravid's men.
Eivor caught sight of Faravid.
- Faravid: Eivor! Good to see you.
Eivor spoke with Faravid atop the camp's inner gate.
- Eivor: Where are the Saxons? We need them to take over the fortress.
- Faravid: Patience. Ricsige promised an army.
- Eivor: What about Hjorr and Ljufvina?
- Faravid: Ljufvina is ahead with a dozen of Jorvik's swords. Come. Our Saxon allies have reached Magnis. We should march.
Faravid's men readied for battle as Eivor mediatated. Eivor left to march to the Magnis Fortress.
- Eivor: Halfdan doesn't know our plan. But he'll hear the aftermath soon enough.
Halfway of the ride in, Eivor felt wary.
- Eivor: This plan ... I feel uneasy.
Eivor overheard Faravid's men talking while she was riding.
- Norse Warrior 2: It'll be a good fight, I've faith in it.
- Eivor: Faravid's plan had better be sound.
Nearing the end of her ride, Eivor hoped for the best.
- Eivor: Let us hope this goes well.
Upon arrival, Eivor noticed Ljufvina and her men.
- Eivor: Faravid's army.
Upon seeing Eivor, Faravid called out to her.
- Faravid: Eivor, over here!
- Ljufvina: Are the shields ready? The battle is near.
Eivor went to Ljufvina just as Faravid walked in. Unexpectedly, Halfdan walked in.
- Halfdan: On the battlefield once more, old friend.
- Faravid: Yes, my jarl. As in days of old.
- Halfdan: Who are you to speak of the old days? The days where my word was bond. The days where the light of my glory lit the world. How dare you speak of those days! As if they meant anything to a traitor like you!
- Faravid: Who told you of this?
- Halfdan: My new ally is more loyal than my old friend.
- Faravid: Eivor Two-Faced. That's your name.
- If Eivor told the truth, she responded to Faravid.
- Eivor: I came for Halfdan. To prove my worth and loyalty to him. You brought this down upon yourself.
- If Ricsige told the truth, she responded to Halfdan.
- Eivor: You're a sick man, Halfdan. You see traitors under every cobble, behind every tree.
- Halfdan: A sick man? You deny you went behind my back?
A war horn was blown.
- Ljufvina: Look there. The Picts send a message.
- Halfdan: Raven-Tamer, with me. You'll talk them into a surrender with your sword-sharp tongue.
Ljufvina shook her head in annoyance as Eivor followed Halfdan for the fortress' gates. Eivor ran to meet up with Halfdan and the Picts' envoy.
- Halfdan: Stay back, men.
- Eivor: These Picts came in great number. They came to fight.
- Halfdan: If this is a trick, do what you must. Draw steel and cut them down like harvest corn.
As Faravid and Ljufvina stayed with their army, Halfdan and Eivor met with three Pict warriors.
- Eivor: Turn tail and run, back beyond the wall.
- Pict Warrior 1: The Romans built that wall to keep us out. But they are gone and we remain. Someday you too will disappear.
- Halfdan: Wall or no wall, we have more gods than you.
- Eivor: We may have but one God, heathen, but we have many more friends.
The Pict warrior revealed King Ricsige atop their fortress' walls and revealing his true allegiance.
- Ricsige: Who now is the rightful king of Northumbria?
Ricsige's fyrd cheered for him.
- Ricsige: The kingdom has spoken!
Halfdan, angered, threw a battleaxe and started the assault on the fortress. As Eivor and the army started to fight, Halfdan screamed out a war cry.
- Halfdan: Glory for Halfdan! I'll have your head, Ricsige!
- Faravid: Die, you bastard dogs!
Eivor headed towards the fortress to reach the inner compound. Fires are everywhere inside.
- Ljufvina: Careful. They mean to burn us!
- Eivor: Extend the ladders!
Helping the army, Eivor extended the ladders.
- Halfdan: Charge! And may the skalds remember us!
Later, Eivor destroyed the gate reinforcement bar, and breached the palisades. Eivor headed to destroy the links of its drawbridge.
- Eivor: I need to get that drawbridge down.
Eivor destroyed the drawbridge to secure the inner courtyard.
- Faravid: Press on! Let the Picts remember this in their Hell.
- Eivor: Eyes open for the coward, King Ricsige.
- Halfdan: Attack! Attack for Halfdan! This is the last of them!
After defeating the last of the Picts inside the fortress, Eivor, with Halfdan's army, won the assault. Halfdan, atop of the fortress, screamed out a victory cry.
- Halfdan: For Thor! For Ragnar! For Halfdan! The sweet taste of victory. And Ricsige defeated. Was he the thorn at my back? The traitor I suspected all this time?
- Eivor: Save your praise, Halfdan. Ricsige may yet live.
- Halfdan: That coward will be dead in a snowdrift somewhere. It matters not.
- Eivor: This day is not done until we've seen his corpse. Do not relent, not yet.
- Halfdan: Eivor. Rise like an eagle, or caw like a crow.
During the conversation, war cries were heard as Eivor and Halfdan checked and saw more Picts coming to assault and regain back the fortress.
- Eivor: Hold the wall!
After going down to the gate, Eivor fought the reinforcements below.
- Eivor: Block that gate!
Holding off the assault, Eivor heard and saw the upcoming Pict champion alongside Halfdan.
- Halfdan: Thor sends more Pict skulls to my hammer.
After killing the Pict champion and his team, Eivor regrouped with Halfdan. After the assault, Halfdan noticed a fleeing Ricsige.
- Halfdan: Ricsige! There!
- Faravid: He's fleeing to the north!
Seeing Ricsige, Eivor chased him down.
- Ricsige: Leave me be, you devil!
- Eivor: You meet the spirits this day, traitor.
- If Eivor chased him down to a certain point, Eivor fought one-on-one with Ricsige.
Eivor caught up with King Ricsige and fatally wounded him. On the snowy ground, Ricsige pleaded to Eivor.
- Ricsige: Faithful counselor. Please, help me back to Jorvik. Let my heart expire at home.
- Eivor: I have no favors left to offer you, Ricsige. Soon you will walk beside your god.
- Ricsige: But I ... I see no light. I feel no warmth. Only ... an icy darkness, a cave.
- Eivor: Hel's frozen door, welcoming you.
- Ricsige: Wh-what waits for me there, Eivor? What waits for me?
With his dying breath, Ricsige held his hand towards the sky before passing. Halfdan walked in during Ricsige's last words.
- Halfdan: A traitor's death for a treasonous fool.
- Eivor: He was a hero in tales he told himself. A Saxon who loved his homeland. You cannot begrudge him that.
- Halfdan: Hmph. There is something in that. No more Saxon kings, Eivor. I am through playing the puppeteer. The fate of this shire rests on my shoulder alone.
- Eivor: You'll take the crown yourself? And the extra burden it brings?
- Halfdan: I will. But I won't rule alone. My friends ... and my allies ... will keep me standing upright.
Eivor nodded in agreement.
- Halfdan: Let's talk of our alliance in Jorvik. Leave this king to his winter kingdom.
Halfdan left as Eivor followed before leaving Ricsige's body in the blizzard
Eivor, Faravid and Halfdan assaulted Magis Fortress, after which Eivor killed King Ricsige for his betrayal.