- Agent Report
I scouted the ruins west of the slums of Paris as you asked. Within I found an ancient door bearing a symbol much like the letter A yet strangely altered. Perhaps you know it? The door would not open. While I struggled with it I caught movement just beyond the edge of my sight. A careful search of the area revealed nothing, yet I cannot banish them from my mind the image of a hooded figure.
The area may already be in use. I think we must search elsewhere for our new camp site.
Vive le rebellion
Eivor traveled to Paris to look for the ruins mentioned in the letter. From her search, Eivor found the Lutetia bureau underneath some rubble. Entering the lower corridor, Eivor came across the Hidden Ones' symbol as well as a dead French soldier. Among the soldier's personal effects, Eivor found another letter.
- Eivor: Someone did not want them to get inside these ruins. The letter on the body mentioned three keys.
- Guard's Letter
The higher ups have taken interest in some of them ruins and ordered me off to Champlieu, and some of the other boys to Gisacum and Diodurum. What they expect us to find out there, I don't know. Those broken stones been there forever, since before Charlemagne himself. At any rate, that's where I'm gone.
Seeing as you're stuck in Paris guarding that old door, we'll miss our dice night. Trust you to pull the safe, easy duty! I haven't forgot what you owe me, don't worry about that. You can buy us both wine with my winnings. We'll drink it when I'm back.
Eivor saw the main door needed three keys and thus left to visit the three ruins. Eivor traveled to the Champlieu Ruins in the middle of Amienois.
- Eivor: The Frankish flag. What are they doing there?
Eivor moved in and saw a few French soldiers killed among the ruins. Eivor found a note on one of the soldiers' remains.
- Search Orders
Send some of your best men to search the various ruins located near Paris at Champlieu, Gisascum, and Diodurum. Do not tell them what they are looking for or why, only that whatever they find must be surrendered to you immediately. Deliver any items to my attendant with the utmost haste.
This action requires the most careful discretion, for which I assure you we will both be held accountable
Eivor found a breakable floor near the bodies and broke through it. Eivor climbed down and noticed the Hidden Ones' symbol on a door.
- Eivor: A symbol of the Hidden Ones on this wall. There's a small slit at the bottom...
Eivor stuck her Hidden Blade through the slit and it opened the door.
- Eivor: Unlocked. Time to see what lies ahead.
Navigating through the ruins, Eivor saw a breakable wall in her path.
- Eivor, when investigating, may have retrieved a Book of Knowledge and learned the ability, Goule Breath.
Upon breaking through the wall, Eivor searched and found a key on top of a table.
- Eivor: One key down, two to go. I should find the other ruins.
On the table, Eivor found another letter.
- Evacuation Orders
With the departure of the Brotherhood in Britannia following the death of Imperator Honorius, our work here in Paris is at an end. The cold wind that blows across Britannia has reached our shores as well. As Magister Vitus said, we must leave and regroup to focus our attention where it is most needed.
All Hidden Ones are ordered to vacate Paris immediately. The Bureau will be sealed, and the three door keys hidden in the ruins at Champlieu, Diodurum, Gisacum. It may be that at a future time, when present misunderstanding have been forgotten, others will have need of it again.
Vitus has extended an open welcome from the Bureau in Cologne to any who would make that journey. For those who choose to do so, I will meet you there.
Afterwards, Eivor left and headed to her next ruins. Arriving at Diodurum Ruins in the middle of Melunois, Eivor noticed wolves on top of the premise, but nothing much else. Looking elsewhere, Eivor found an underwater entrance at an adjacent pond. Swimming through the pond, Eivor found herself at another similar door with the Hidden Ones' symbol. Opening the door, Eivor looked for the key.
- Eivor may have also retrieved another ability, Golden Flame.
In the same room, Eivor found the key on top of a copy of the same letter from before.
- Eivor: Two keys. Just one more to go.
Eivor left the ruins and went to travel to Gisacum Ruins in the middle of Evresin. Upon her arrival, Eivor noticed French soldiers patrolling and looking for the entrance as well.
- French Soldier 1: Did the others find anything? Why did they not send word?
- French Soldier 2: Could be they are on their way ... I just want to go back to the city. I can't stand another night here.
- French Soldier 1: If we see that shadow again tonight, I am riding back in the dark.
Eivor sleuthed her way within the ruins and noticed another breakable floor. Breaking through, Eivor climbed down and noticed the same door from the other ruins. Opening the door, Eivor walked through and dodged the rats trying to bite at her.
- Eivor may have also retrieved a tungsten ingot from a chest nearby and another ability, Plague of Rats, from behind two breakable walls.
Eivor found the last key on top of the same letter as before.
- Eivor: I have all three keys. Now to use them.
Eivor left the ruins and traveled back to bureau in Paris. Entering the bureau again, Eivor used the three keys and opened the door.
- Eivor: It opened. What have the Hidden Ones locked away inside?
Eivor entered a dark room and investigated the premise. Noticing a breakable wall, Eivor blew it up and noticed a room with a chest on top of a table. However, the room was surrounded by snakes, which Eivor maneuvered around to become near the chest. Opening the chest, Eivor obtained the short sword Joyeuse.
- Eivor: This has been lying here for centuries, since the Hidden Ones left Francia.
Upon leaving the room, the fire Eivor used to blow up the wall left a large floor Hidden Ones' symbol aflame. As Eivor left the room, she heard a sound.
- Eivor: Soft footfall. Someone is hiding.
Eivor looked around and found a new letter on the floor of the bureau's entrance.
- Eivor: A letter? It was not here when I entered.
Eivor read the letter.
- Strange Letter
"This place of honor forever holding, the deeds that were done
We abide always many in number, yet together are one
Whose firm faith and whose lonely labor, serve only the fight
I must yet stay unknown in the darkness, so you may work in the light."
Forgive the dead soldiers. They would not leave peacefully.
- Eivor: Not all the Hidden Ones left Francia. I will not find them if they do not want to be found, but I will honor their gift.
Eivor found all of the three Hidden Ones' keys, opened the Lutetia Bureau and recovered Joyeuse. Afterwards, Eivor found a new letter and learned that the Frankish Hidden Ones still remained in the country and decided to honor their gift by leaving them to work in the shadows undisturbed.