Hemlock is a highly poisonous plant though it has been used medically since antiquity.
5th century BCE
Given hemlock's high toxicity, ingestion too much of it would lead to quick death. During the Peloponnesian War, the pirates who took over the island of Keos avoided the looming famine by forcing everyone over the age of 60 to drink a concoction made of hemlock, killing them. At another point during the same conflict, the Spartan misthios Kassandra was asked by the healer Hippokrates to gather some hemlock for his elderly patient, Pentheus.
1st century BCE
In the 1st century BCE, a woman by the name of Melina the Hibiscus used hemlock along with hellebore to concoct a poison which caused the sacred crocodiles of Krokodilopolis' Temple of Sobek to become ill, irritable, and bleed from their eyes.
Behind the scenes
- Assassin's Creed: Renaissance
- Assassin's Creed III
- Assassin's Creed: Origins
- Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Inheritance Insurance
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – A Night to Remember
- ↑ "Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Worlds: Paradise Islands". Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, Ubisoft. Accessed 20 May 2020.
- ↑ Discovery Tour: Ancient Greece – The Agora of Athens: "Judicial Court"
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Origins – Sobek's Tears
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Renaissance
- ↑ Assassin's Creed III