Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
- Guillotin: The journals ridicule me to no end! They call the new machine a whirligig! Imagine! I devise a humane method of execution, and the newspapers do nothing but print negative reports. Could you print this article emphasizing the advantages of the guillotine? Then, surreptitiously, replace the journals sold on the street with the new ones?
- Journalist: But my dear doctor, do you not agree that the purpose of an execution is to show the people the terrible retribution of the state?
- Guillotin: The purpose of an execution is simply to end the life of a criminal. My machine accomplishes this in the best way.
- Journalist: I disagree, citizen! We want to see the man drawn and quartered! We want to see his head fly from his neck, not plop into a basket!
- Guillotin: We all know stories of executions gone awry - ears lopped off and so forth. No, we must have a better way, and thanks to science, that way is at hand. With this machine, built by Tobias Schmidt, I can cut off your head in the twinkling of an eye, and you never feel it!
Arno made his way to the printing press.
- Printer: At last! My new apprentice. Hurry, we need the new edition printed right away!
Arno retrieved the journals.
- Town crier: National disgrace! New machine would remove all spectacle from public executions!
Arno planted the journals on town criers.
- Town crier: Dr. Guillotin's miraculous machine would cut off heads in the twinkling of an eye!
Arno planted journals supporting the guillotine on town criers, ensuring that the device became the preferred method of execution.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.