- "A corrupt nobleman underneath the mask, the Harlequin performs acts of terror among the people to further the Templar cause. The grin never leaving his face, he always keeps his dual Daggers at the ready... in case anyone is in need of an encore performance."
- ―Description of the Harlequin.
The Harlequin (harvested from: Cahin) was an Animi Avatar used by Abstergo Industries to train the recruits in the first stage of their Animi Training Program. He could be obtained by pre-ordering certain editions of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, or after a system update, and used two rondel daggers as his primary weapons.
The Harlequin had several unique moves:
(Low Profile, Front)
The Harlequin approaches his target and neatly stabs them under their chest, before flipping over their back, stabbing them in the neck, and then puncturing their right lung. Afterwards, the attack leaves his victim incapacitated and internally bleeding to death, before they collapse to the ground.
(Low Profile, Back)
The Harlequin walks over to his target from behind and stabs them in the waist, making them fall. Right as they begin to drop, he jams his rondel daggers in the crevices of their neck, one before the other, causing his victim to go limp and their lifeless body to fall to the ground as he withdraws his weapons.
(High Profile, Front)
The Harlequin runs over to his target and pounces on them, forcefully pushing them to the ground, before pulling out his two daggers and maniacally stabbing them in their torso several times. From the rapid movement of his attack, his victim is pulled up slightly when they are punctured by his weapons, before their dead body slumps back to the floor after the final stab.
(High Profile, Back)
The Harlequin rushes towards his target from behind, before performing a cartwheel and kicking them in the side of their head, knocking them to the floor. As his victim lies on the ground, he quickly stabs them in the heart with one of his rondel daggers, before yanking it out and storing it at his belt.
The Harlequin walks up to his seated target and promptly stabs them in the stomach, making them bend over with their wound. From there, he removes his dagger and stabs both of them in between their shoulder blades, before he bounds over their back and hastily pulls his rondel daggers out. With this, his victim stands upright, but then collapses forward, dead.
The Harlequin leaps from a rooftop, removing his daggers while in mid-air, before landing on his target and rapidly stabbing them in their torso. Afterwards, he then stands up, storing his daggers away and leaving his victim on the ground to die.
The Harlequin could be customized in several ways:
- Basic: Green and blue.
- Extra 1: Red and blue.
- Extra 2: Purple and blue.
- Extra 3: Dark teal and blue.
- Advanced: His costume gained an added lapel, with the buttons on his vest turned gold, as well as an added golden trim to his gloves.
- Superior: A longer tunic at his waist, along with added coat tails and golden buckles to the foot of his boots.
- Elite: Altered mask outlines from light blue to a dark gold.
- The Harlequin features in the release commercial of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, seen in the reflection of a puddle of water.
- As a character in history, the Harlequin had origins from the Italian Commedia Dell'Arte character Arlecchino, whose counterpart is Colombina, similar to the Hellequin.
- The achievement "Clowning Around" could be earned in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, for successfully beating up five Harlequins around the city of Rome, after having downloaded the Da Vinci Disappearance DLC.