Celtic peoples, including the ancestors of the Welsh, are indigenous to it. The Romans conquered most of the island through successive invasions from the 1st century BCE to the 1st century CE, building Hadrian's Wall to defend their northern boundary. The disintegration of the Roman Empire in the 5th century allowed a mass migration of Germanic peoples into the island which drove the Celts to its western and northern regions. Eventually, the Kingdom of England emerged as the premier power on the island from the coalescence of the Anglo-Saxon kingdoms while the Kingdom of Scotland formed at the northern end. To the west, surviving Celts established several petty kingdoms which developed into a common Welsh identity.
Emperor Claudius invaded Britain in 43 CE. The rapid expansion of the Roman Empire led the Hidden Ones to establish bureaus across Britain. These were located in what later became London, Gloucestershire, Essex, Winchester, York, Leicester and Colchester.
Queen Boudicca of the Iceni led a revolt against the Romans, burning down the city of Londonium. Four decades after her death the Romans remained unyielding to Iceni demands for reform, leading Hidden One Anicius to assassinate governor Verus.
Around 122 CE, Emperor Hadrian constructed Hadrian's Wall to keep out northern tribes from Scotland. Hadrian would travel to Britannia to make war on the Britons and Picts, leading the Londinium bureau to dispatch Caius to poison the Emperor. However, the Hidden One was discovered and killed.
The last Romans would withdraw from the island in 407, leading the tribes of Britain to begin fighting amongst themselves for land and wealth.
Early Middle Ages
Early Modern period
The Peace of Utrecht was signed by Anne, Queen of Great Britain in 1714, officially ending the War of the Spanish Succession. This would go on to indirectly trigger the Golden Age of Piracy in the Caribbean Sea.
- Assassin's Creed: Project Legacy
- Assassin's Creed III
- Assassin's Creed: Initiates
- Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
- Echoes of History (mentioned only)
- Assassin's Creed: Valhalla
- Dawn of Ragnarök (as "Albion")
- Assassin's Creed: Fragments – The Highlands Children
- Discovery Tour: Viking Age
- Assassin's Creed: Valhalla – Breaking the Order
- Assassin's Creed: Valhalla – Dawn of Ragnarök – The Great Swamp Witches
- Great Britain on Wikipedia
- Assassin's Creed: Syndicate – Database: Ludgate Circus
- Roman Britain on Wikipedia
- Assassin's Creed: Valhalla – Database: The Hidden Ones
- Assassin's Creed: Valhalla – A Brief History of the Hidden Ones
- Assassin's Creed: Valhalla – Smashing the Compass
- Hadrian's Wall on Wikipedia
- Assassin's Creed: Valhalla – Database: Hadrian's Wall
- Assassin's Creed: Valhalla – Valhalla notes: "Turgid Text"
- Assassin's Creed: Valhalla – Database: Wessex
- Assassin's Creed: Valhalla – Valhalla notes: "Bloody History"
- Assassin's Creed: Initiates – Database: Suspicious Fire in London
- Assassin's Creed: Initiates – Database: Before the Golden Age