Trapped in an eternity where the sole God reigns, a man struggles to remember the Old Divine ones.
- Khui: Have the shrouded ones sent you to me?
- Bayek: What happened to you, neb?
- Khui: I grieve for the true gods. This is my crime.
Bayek, taking pity on the man, carried him to safety, to his house south of the Chambers of Reflection.
- Khui: Are you the Lord of Thebes...?
- Bayek: I will return you home.
- Khui: Home? It lies south-west of the bridge, but my hearth is dark with the lioness fled.
- Bayek: Why were you imprisoned, neb?
- Khui: Titans stand upon the shoulders of men. I speak of things they have forgotten. A black beaked ibis, a cawing hawk...
- Bayek: Some memory haunts you.
- Khui: The quick claws of the cat...The sun sears my eyes. It should not blaze so.
- Bayek: Hush, old man you are nearly home.
Arriving at the old man's house, Bayek set him down.
- Bayek: What is eluding you, neb?
- Khui: Who do you honor? Your family, your gods?
- Bayek: I still honor the gods.
- Khui: Then you are blessed. Each moment they fade a little further into shadow. Only in the inky hours do they come. Tenebrous, hidden, but they whisper as I sleep.
- Bayek: They send you dreams? What do they say?
- Khui: The chaos waters swallowed two. The blue hawk lies with the forgotten treasures, the black cat gasps for air with the old idols. The green ibis, flaps his great wings but he cannot escape the jaws of the bloodless titan.
- Bayek: I will help you remember.
Bayek departed the house and recovered the idols of Horus, Bastet, and Thoth.
- Bayek: Now I can restore the gods to Khui.
He then returned to the old man.
- Khui: Yes! I remember him, lord of the hidden sun, Amun-Ra!
The old man was then engulfed in a blinding light, turning into an apparition of Amun-Ra himself, in the form of Bayek.
- Amun-Ra: You think you betray your past, Bayek? This path you walk now, the tenets you live by, they are within us all. We too value the innocent, we too long for peace. If you desire peace, Bayek, accept it.
The apparition then vanished.