Gilles Beloeil is a Senior Concept Artist and digital matte painter at Ubisoft.
He initially began his career in 2002 with 4-Elements Studios, in Montreal, Canada, on several TV projects and commercials. However, Beloeil has expanded to work with quite a number of different companies throughout the world in both advertising, film, and the computer gaming industry.
In 2007, he began working as a concept artist and digital matte painter for Ubisoft, and since then has worked on many games in the Assassin's Creed series. In addition to this, he has worked on game cinematics for Assassin's Creed, Far Cry 2, EndWar, the Assassin's Creed: Limited Edition Art Book and the Ubisoft short film Assassin's Creed: Lineage.
- Assassin's Creed (Concept Artist, 2007) - Ubisoft
- EndWar (2007) - Ubisoft
- Far Cry 2 (2008) - Ubisoft
- Assassin's Creed II (Concept Artist, 2009) - Ubisoft
- Assassin's Creed: Project Legacy (Concept and Matte Artist, 2010–2011) - Ubisoft
- Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (Concept Artist, 2010) - Ubisoft
- Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Concept Artist, 2011) - Ubisoft
- Assassin's Creed III (Concept Artist, 2012) - Ubisoft
- Assassin's Creed: Unity (Concept Artist, 2014) - Ubisoft
- Assassin's Creed: Origins (Concept Artist, 2017) - Ubisoft
- Pinocchio 3000 (Lighting Team Lead, 2003)
- La dernière incarnation (3D All-rounder, 2004)
- Alone in the Dark (Lead Lighting, 2004)
- Charlie Jade (Digital Matte Painter, 2004) - TV series
- Final Destination 3 (Sequence Lead Lighting, 2005)
- Fantastic 4 (Lighting TD and Sequence Lead Lighting, 2005)
- Happy Feet (Lighter/Compositor, 2006)
- Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D (Sequence Lead Lighting and Concept Artist, 2007)
- Assassin's Creed: Lineage (2008–2009) - Ubisoft
- Beloeil's talent as an artist has been widely recognized, which is complemented by his diverse understanding of different software mediums, such as Adobe Photoshop, Autodesk Softimage XSI, Autodesk Maya, Digital Fusion, Adobe After Effects, Shake, and Renderman, all of which Gilles boasts an expert level of proficiency with.
- Beloeil has worked alongside Alexandre Amancio on Far Cry 2. Both he and Amancio were noted to have revolutionized the 3D piping effect of background images with their innovative designs. Adding to this, Beloeil has also worked very closely with Raphael Lacoste to create accurate imagery of historical monuments and street layouts throughout Constantinople by actually visiting the modern-day city (Istanbul).
The following gallery contains concept artwork created by Nacho Yagüe for the Assassin's Creed series.
- Gilles Beloeil's official website
- Gilles Beloeil's professional profile at LinkedIn
- An interview with Gilles Beloeil on 3pipe
- Gilles Beloeil's award winning portfolio on ConceptArtWorld.com