This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
Hello all. I'd like to propose something that I have been wanting to propose for a long time. That is, the deletion of those awful, horrendous navboxes that plague so many articles on this wiki.
Firstly, the game navboxes are completely contradictory to the in-universe approach we take on most articles. They're a HUB of OOU information, and I don't think there are many people who actively use them at all. Secondly, all those different colors on the slightly transparent dark blue background make my eyes sore. And thirdly, the placement of the titles is always off in some way, and with Wikia updating its code so many times, the navboxes are often irregulary far apart from one another, making it even uglier.
I would like to see is the deletion of any and all navboxes. Navigation can and I think already is mostly done via categories, I do not see that as a reason for keeping them. Alternatively, I am okay with making and keeping some in-universe navboxes like we have for Pieces of Eden (*shivers*), though we can make them for Assassins and Templars as well, with the most prominent Assassins and Templars in them. This way an article will have one navbox at most, and most will have none at all. If we take this route, I would like to see the navboxes revamped and most importantly have a color that fits with the background.
- I can deal with all but the navboxes on the memory articles being gone - since those actually provide fast access to all the memories and are IU as-is. Plus, some of the memories to this day are still buggered and don't have previous/next sections filled in properly their infobox. --Kainzorus Prime Walkie-talkie 20:46, October 26, 2013 (UTC)
- Kain makes a compelling argument. -- Master Sima Yi Talk 20:42, October 26, 2013 (UTC)
- What Sima said because of what Kain said, since I forgot about memory pages. :s Slate Vesper (talk) 20:43, October 26, 2013 (UTC)
- 'Kay. --Teller Words, On my Screen :O 22:49, October 26, 2013 (UTC)
- -- Nesty Contact me! 09:02, October 27, 2013 (UTC)
- As long as my precious memories are safe, I'll support this. Stormbeast ♉ The Helpful Place 22:18, October 27, 2013 (UTC)
- ^ -- 03:51, November 2, 2013 (UTC)
- Keep - A lot of the issues you have with them can be fixed by changing the formatting of the templates. I don't think deleting them is necessary at all, and it would, I believe, actually be counter counter-productive to our goal of providing a well-linked Wiki. I think that it would be best if we kept the "OOU" navboxes for use on the games' articles themselves, and adopted something similar to your proposed designs for use on our articles. --Jasca Ducato Council Chamber Assassination record 12:09, October 28, 2013 (UTC)
While not everyone's arguments were addressed, there's an overwhelming amount of votes on the second option. Game navboxes will be replaced with new and upgraded in-universe navboxes shortly. -- Master Sima Yi Talk 08:35, November 10, 2013 (UTC)