Firecrackers are small explosive devices mainly designed to produce a large amount of noise. Although mostly used for entertainment purposes, they have also been used by Assassins and Templars alike as a diversionary tool.
In 1735, the Assassin Adéwalé was given firecrackers by the leader of the Maroon rebellion, Augustin Dieufort, the former's recruits having salvaged them. Adéwalé would subsequently use them to distract guards.
By 1756, the Assassin gangs of New York had begun developing bullets that emitted loud noises, serving a similar function to firecrackers. The Templar Christopher Gist investigated the production, but was captured in the process. The Assassin-turned-Templar Shay Cormac would put these bullets to use himself with his air rifle, using them to destroy barrels of gunpowder or poison, distract guards, or draw Assassin stalkers out of hiding.
- Assassin's Creed: Initiates – Database: Gunpowder
- Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China
- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag – Freedom Cry – A Ship of His Own
- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag – Freedom Cry
- Assassin's Creed: Rogue – A Long Walk and a Short Drop
- Assassin's Creed: Rogue
- Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
- Assassin's Creed: Revelations
- Assassin's Creed III
- Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag