After leaving the Builder, Havi returned to the Great Hall in Asgard, only to find it mostly empty.
- Havi: Where is everyone?
- Norse Man 1: A wolf should be peeled not pampered. It would make a fine coat.
- Norse Woman 1: I'll wager Tyr is raising that wolf so he can fight it!
- Norse Woman 2: He took the wolf as a trophy. That's the story I heard.
- Norse Man 2: Go see Tyr's new pet. You'll soil your britches!
- Norse Woman 3: Where did he find that beast?
As he drew closer, Havi could see a crowd of people gathered around a platform where Tyr and Loki stood beside a cage. Inside it was a large, black wolf, taller than a man.
- Havi: Is that the same wolf as before? How did it grow so fast?
Havi went closer.
- Tyr: Witness the Wolf from the Well!
Havi joined Tyr and Loki on the platform.
- Tyr: Look at the size of this beautiful creature! Impressive, isn't it?
- Loki: Clear eyes, strong haunches. It must come from powerful stock.
- Havi: You fools, it could swallow the moon next month if it continues to grow like this.
- Tyr: I know your mind, Havi, but this wolf is not your enemy. The signs of Ragnarök, when it comes, will be clear for all to see.
- Havi: Tyr, you roll bones in a game you do not understand.
- Tyr: That may be, but I'll assume the risk. If there's a price to be paid, I'll pay it.
- Loki: It's the Jötnar that trouble us now. Have you spoken with the Builder?
- Havi: The Builder, yes... Is Freyja nearby?
Tyr nodded his head further down the path.
- Tyr: She's teaching Thor about organizing armies. A battle they're both losing.
- Havi: Come along then. You must all hear what I have to say.
Havi started toward Freyja and Thor. Behind him, Loki shared a look with the wolf before following.
- Tyr: You spoke with the Builder? You saw his work?
- Havi: I did.
- Loki: And the sacred water, was it put to use?
- Havi: It was.
- Loki: Your tongue is shorter than your temper today, Havi.
- Havi: Indeed.
As they drew closer, Havi could hear Freyja speaking to Thor.
- Freyja: These markings are your warriors. Now, here we have the four corners of the sky held up by Austri, Vestri, Nordri, Sudri...
- Thor: Enough of this sorcery, woman! Just point me towards the enemy, and I will handle them!
Freyja shook her head in frustration before spotting Havi.
- Freyja: Havi, you look troubled.
- Havi: The Builder gave me a demonstration of his magic. He conjured a shield that killed invaders on contact.
- Tyr: That would do well for us!
- Freyja: But your expression says otherwise.
- Havi: I fear the price is too high.
- Freyja: What does he want?
- Havi: You.
- Freyja: Me?
Thor pulled out Mjölnir.
- Thor: Does he take us for slavers? I will smash his skull 'til he shits out brains!
- Tyr: Now, hold on. Everyone. Let's weigh the--
- Freyja: Do not finish that thought.
She glared at Tyr, then spoke to Havi again.
- Freyja: What was your reply?
- Havi: I told him it was your choice alone.
Freyja turned her glare on Havi.
- Freyja: You didn't refuse him outright?
- Havi: I evaded his question to gain us time. Time to devise a better idea.
- Freyja: One that does not involve selling off your queen, I trust.
Loki was graced with Freyja's glare.
- Thor: Hold on, I've got it... the blunt end of my hammer on his family stones!
Loki shook his head.
- Loki: You are overthinking this, all of you. Give this Builder an impossible task... a deadline of, say, nine days. When he forfeits, as he no doubt will, Freyja remains free, and we may finish his work as intended.
- Thor: He would be mad or stupid to agree!
- Loki: You underestimate men of intellect, Lord of Storms. The Builder is a proud man. He won't back down from a challenge.
- Freyja: I do not like this.
- Havi: Nor do I, but we must act. Loki, bring this offer to the Builder.
- Loki: Your will is my deed, Rune-Writer.
Loki walked off to do as asked.
- Freyja: You grapple with forces outside your control.
Freyja and Thor walked away as well, leaving Havi with only Tyr.
There was a sudden loud crack and barking.
- Norse Man 3: Watch out! Keep your distance!
- Havi: The wolf!
The wolf, freed of its cage, ran past.
- Havi: Shit! Tyr! Stand back! I'll get it!
Havi chased after the wolf. Around him, Asgardians ran screaming in the other direction.
- Norse Man 4: Wolf! Wolf...!
- Havi: Out of the way! The wolf is mine!
Havi ran past a group of warriors, who joined his chase.
- Norse Woman 4: The Havi leads the hunt!
- Havi: Stand clear! I will catch it.
Thor joined him.
- Thor: The size of that beast! A worthy hunt!
- Havi: The final blow is mine.
The wolf ran across a bridge.
- Havi: Halt, you well-weaned wolf!
- Norse Man 5: I'll sharpen my axe with your teeth, beast!
- Havi: Do not fight the beast! Leave it to me!
The wolf jumped from a ledge to an open clearing. As soon as Havi jumped down as well, it attacked.
- Havi: Are you the wolf foretold? Are you my doom? Are you destined to destroy me?
The two fought.
- Havi: I am the Dead Walker! I am the Living Ghost! I cannot die! We will see which is stronger, your fate or my will!
Havi weakened the wolf.
- Havi: If I spare your life, will you do the same?
Havi defeated the wolf, knocking it down. He kicked it and grabbed it by the scruff, pulling its head back to bare its neck as he readied his axe.
- Havi: I warned you well, and look where it has led.
Havi drew the axe back to deliver the final blow.
- Loki: Havi, stop!
Havi looked at Loki as he entered the clearing, but did not lower the weapon.
- Loki: Stay your axe!
The sky darkened but the clouds above them parted, light shining down upon Havi and the wolf. Havi looked up at it and slowly lowered the axe as Loki approached. Havi dropped the wolf, stepping back, and Loki rushed forward to kneel beside it. Havi readied his axe again.
- Havi: Out of my way, Loki.
Loki ran his hands over the wounded wolf's side, crying.
- Loki: You swore an oath to never spill my blood!
- Havi: Step aside, and I won't have to!
- Loki: This is my blood!
Shocked, Havi lowered his weapon.
- Havi: What?
- Loki: He is my son!
Havi stumbled back, dropping his axe to the ground as Thor and Tyr came up behind him. Thor grabbed Havi's arm to hold him back as anger overtook him and he tried to attack Loki.
- Havi: Bastard!
Tyr stepped forward. Havi stopped trying to pull away and Thor released him.
- Havi: Tyr, you've cared for this wolf. You will be its jailor. Take it to Lyngvi, bind it there. Make sure it never leaves the island.
Tyr knelt by Loki, resting a comforting hand on his back.
- Havi: I can speak with the dwarf, Ivaldi. May he find a more permanent solution.
Tyr picked the wolf up while Loki cradled its head.
- Tyr: Come, boy. You're safe with me.
Loki watched as Tyr walked away with his charge.
- Loki: Be kind, Justice-Bringer.
Havi picked his axe up from the ground.
- Havi: Loki... there will be a reckoning.
- Loki: Of this, I have no doubt.
Loki walked away as well. When everyone else had left, Havi paced alone in the clearing, thinking.
- Havi: The skies darken like an ill omen. My impossible task grows more urgent.
Havi defeated Fenrir, whom Tyr had been caring for, and ordered that the wolf be imprisoned.
Behind the Scenes
During Well-Traveled, Havi may choose not to tell Tyr the prophecy of his death. Despite this, Tyr still seems to know of it during this memory.