- Kaniehtí:io: Use the snowstorm to mask your approach. Having second thoughts?
- Haytham: Hardly. But I'll have to approach this carefully.
- Kaniehtí:io: Go on, then. I'll keep watch from here.
- Haytham: Hmmm. I can hide in that cart.
Haytham sneaked into a cart riding towards the fort.
- Redcoat: What's in the wagon? I need a full inventory.
- Driver: As you wish. Let's see - 2 barrels of salt, 12 pounds pork, 10 pounds beef, 7 dozen eggs, 16 wheels of cheese - none of it French, don't worry, 5 bottles of whiskey. Couple dozen new uniforms, boots, and leather for patching. Blankets. A cart of feed for the horses. Wot else... Wot else... That's it. That's all there is.
The guards allowed the cart to move through the gates, and Haytham got out.
- Haytham: Those cannons are likely to cause trouble. Perhaps I could sabotage them.
- Fraser: Tell me you've good news?
- Washington: General Braddock refused the offer. There will be no truce.
- Fraser: Dammit! Why, George? What reason did he give?
- Washington: He said a diplomatic solution was no solution at all. That allowing the French to retreat would only delay an inevitable conflict, one in which they'd now have the upper hand.
- Fraser: There's merit to those words, as much as I hate to admit it. Still... can't he see this is unwise?
- Washington: It doesn't sit well with me either. We're far from home with our forces divided. Worse, I fear Braddock's bloodlust makes him careless. It puts the men at risk. I'd rather not be delivering grim news to mothers and widows because the Bulldog wanted to prove a point.
- Fraser: Where's the General now?
- Washington: Rallying the troops.
- Fraser: And then it's on to Fort Duquesne, I assume?
- Washington: Eventually. The march north will surely take time. There's a copy of the plans in the command tent should you wish to review them.
- Fraser: At least this will be ended soon.
- Washington: I tried, John.
- Fraser: I know, my friend. I know...
- Haytham: That map will surely be of use. I need to find it.
Haytham stole the map and returned to Kaniehtí:io.
- Kaniehtí:io: What news?
- Haytham: Braddock has left to rally his troops. They're marching on Fort Duquesne. It'll be a while yet 'til they're ready, which gives us time to form a plan.
- Kaniehtí:io: No need. We will ambush them here, near the river. Go and gather your allies. I will do the same. I will send word when it is time to strike.
Haytham managed to discover the whereabouts of Edward Braddock, which allowed him and Kaniehtí:io to come up with a plan to ambush him and his troops.
Behind the scenes
It was possible to kill Washington and Fraser during the mission, but their deaths would cause desynchronization. It was possible to avoid this by using the aformentioned non-lethal methods.