At the wedding of Peleus and Thetis, Eris dropped an Apple of Eden into the proceedings as a prize for beauty. This led Hera, Athena and Aphrodite to compete, calling on the Trojan prince Paris to judge. Upon being promised Helen of Sparta, Paris named Aphrodite the most beautiful. Paris' kidnapping of Helen soon led to the Trojan War.. The Greeks would later falsely believe that Eris started the war with her guiles, rather than the powerful artifact.
- Like her described nature, the name Eris,Ἔρις, is Greek for 'strife, quarrel, discord'.
- The mural depicting Eris with a knife in Assassin's Creed: Odyssey is based on a painting on an amphora from Late Classical period, depicting the Battle of the Giants and Gods.
- Assassin's Creed (mentioned only)
- Assassin's Creed II – Glyphs
- Assassin's Creed: Odyssey (mural only)