|This article is about the Animi Avatar. You may be looking for the Egyptian gladiatrix.|
- "If you're dead, I've made my point!"
- ―The Duellist.
The Duellist (harvested from: Renardo Aguilar) was an Animi Avatar used by the entertainment branch of Abstergo Industries, as part of their plan to influence the general public, via the console stage of the Animus technology. He used an elegant rapier as his specialty weapon.
The Duellist had several unique moves:
(Low Profile, Front)
Facing his target, the Duellist pulls out his sword and strikes them in the forehead with its hilt. He then takes advantage of their defenselessness by piercing his victim's stomach with his blade and withdrawing it quickly, watching them crumple to the floor, dead.
(Low Profile, Back)
Behind his target, the Duellist draws his sword, before slashing it horizontally across the target's spine, causing them to go weak at the knees. He then follows through with his attack by wedging his blade into the right of his victim's abdomen, and proceeds to free his sword by forcing his victim forwards with his foot, the weapon slashing through their side along the way.
(High Profile, Front)
Facing his target, the Duellist pulls out his sword and slashes them across the stomach in one fluid motion, which causes them to kneel forward from the sudden pain. Using this to his advantage, he embeds the blade downwards into his victim's throat and rips it back out, causing them to fall forward and choke on their own blood.
(High Profile, Back)
Surprising his target from behind, the Duellist thrusts his sword into their back, before slowly and painfully forcing the blade through his victim until it fully penetrates them, the hilt adjacent to their body. As they stare down at the blade, the Duellist roughly pulls it free, with his target collapsing dead to the ground shortly afterwards.
(Personal High Profile, Front)
Facing his target, the Duellist acrobatically runs up their front, using their knee to launch himself into the air with his sword drawn. Aided by gravity, he then embeds his blade downwards into his victim's throat, causing them to sink to their knees and fall forward while choking on their own blood.
(Personal High Profile, Back)
Surprising his target from behind, the Duellist runs up behind his target and pushes them down, whilst jumping over them. He then turns and unsheathes his sword as his contract looks up, before impaling his victim's stomach with the weapon. As they look at him in shock, he headbutts them cruelly, freeing his sword and knocking them on their back. Following this, the Duelist sheathes his weapon as his target bleeds to death, feebly holding their wound.
Leaping onto his target from above, the Duellist removes his sword in mid-air. When he lands, he forces them onto their back and impales his victim in their heart with his sword, before standing and leaving their motionless corpse on the ground.
Grabbing his seated target's foot, the Duellist drags them off the bench until their head rests against it. Before his victim can do anything to defend themselves, he forcefully kicks them in the face, violently sending their head backwards and breaking his target's neck on the bench behind them.
- "You are finished."
- "I'll have none of it!"
- "You'll die."
- "I've no time for fools!"
- "Your death will taste sweet."
- "You are a fool!"
- "I'll cut you to pieces!"
- "Just like that, I'll cut you."
- "I'll cut you to ribbons!"
The Duellist could be customized in several ways:
- Basic: Fern green
- Extra 1: Taupe
- Extra 2: Red
- Templar Costume
- Assassin Costume
- Alternative Costume 1
- Alternative Costume 2
- Warrior Costume
- Regal Fox Costume
- Prestige Costume
- Swashbuckler Costume
- Death Coat Costume
- Morbid Angel Costume
- Long Hair
- Mid Hair
- Shoulder length
- Gear 01:
- Templar Pads
- Chain Stitched Pads
- Braided-Gold Pads
- Gear 02:
- Black Leather Gloves
- Teutonic Gloves
- Templar Gloves
- Gear 03:
- Double Buckles
- Green Leather
- Golden Belt
- Scar 1: A single thick diagonal line across the right corner of the mouth.
- Scar 2: A single diagonal line across the right eye and eyebrow.
- Scar 3: A single diagonal line across the right cheek, ending at the lower lip.
- War paint:
- War paint 1: Blocks of paint that cover both upper cheeks with an arch under the eyes.
- War paint 2: A thick line of paint extending from the lower lip.
- War paint 3: A block of paint just above each eye that extends into the forehead.
- Tattoo 1: One triangle of ink starting from the bottom of each eye which diminish between the nose and mouth.
- Tattoo 2: A thin line starting from each temple, touching the edges of the mouth, and ending at the chin, as well as a thick line starting at the cheeks and ending at the jaw.
- Tattoo 3: A symmetrical design composed of complex patterns.
- Short Saber
- Short Rapier
- Gem Encrusted Guarded Blade
- Scarlet Needle
- Big Knife
- Green Dagger
- Dark Pistols
- Hidden Blade
- Short Knife
- The Duellist shares his High Profile, Back kill with the Corsair and all his taunt animations with the Governor.
- Unlike the other Animi Avatars from the quaternary stage, the Duellist's Personal High Profile kills were not used when his default sword was equipped. Instead, one of the other three had to be bought to trigger them.