- "There was once a man called Duccio, a rat with lecherous taste.
Whenever he would show himself, my fist would find his face."
- ―Ezio Auditore sings of his run-ins with Duccio.[src]
As of 1476, Duccio was engaged to Claudia Auditore da Firenze. However, he engaged in affairs with up to six other women at the same time, claiming that his father had told him he could "do much better than an Auditore."
Life as a trader
In 1506, Duccio visited Rome on business, where he learned that Claudia had become the Madame of the Rosa in Fiore, Rome's most popular brothel. Chancing upon Ezio again, Duccio provoked him into a fistfight, despite Ezio initially refusing due to their age.
Though aided by several henchmen, Duccio was unable to best Ezio. Grabbing Duccio by the collar, Ezio then demanded the location of the three Leonardo da Vinci paintings that Duccio had acquired. The cowed merchant admitted that one was on his ship, while the other two had already been sold.
Upon insulting Claudia further, Duccio was ultimately knocked unconscious by Ezio, and left on the docks.
In 1511, Duccio wound up in Constantinople, the capital of the Ottoman Empire, where he encountered a Venetian woman named Sofia Sartor. He attempted to flirt with her, claiming that it was fate that had brought them together, though she was simply disgusted by him.
Duccio was soon interrupted by Ezio, who had become close to Sofia. Terrified upon recognizing his old enemy, Duccio fled, crying to Sofia to run from the "devil."
In later life, Duccio's business failed, and he was left penniless. He barely survived, only just managing to scrape a living, and later died due to rabies, which he likely received from a dog bite.
- Duccio was called "Duccio Dovizi" in Assassin's Creed: Renaissance, and the Assassin's Creed: Revelations novel.
- If one takes his birth date into account, Duccio would have been 14 years old at the time when he cheated on Claudia in Assassin's Creed II.
- Interestingly, if one takes Claudia's birth date into consideration, she would have been 15 years old, a year older than Duccio.
- The "Bully" achievement could be unlocked in Assassin's Creed: Revelations by finding and beating up Duccio, who would be in a drunken state. This could be done multiple times, upon leaving the area.
- In the memory "The Prince's Banquet", Ezio sang of his encounters with Duccio.
- Duccio's clothes were the same as those worn by the Assassin recruits that Ezio rescued in Rome.