Reeve Derby (died 876), also known as The Vice, was an Order of the Ancients Maegester who led the Wardens of Law sect during the late 9th century. He resided near a waterfall, and served as reeve to the village Picheringa within Eurviscire.
Late in his life, Derby became a part of the Order, as he obtained his position as reeve early in the city of his birth. He found great joy and desire by upholding laws as Reeve. Derby also attained the rank of Maegester, as a means to elevate and strengthen his rule, thus increasing his pleasure intake even more.
The Viking shieldmaiden Eivor Varinsdottir of the Raven Clan first learned of his cryptonym of "The Vice" after assassinating Eanbhert and recovering a note among his personal effects, which said that The Vice was known to have a ruthless personality. After assassinating Tata, The Dart, Eivor discovered from Tata's personal effects that The Vice lived close to a waterfall.
Along her journey, Eivor then learned from Hytham the titles of three more Order targets in Jorvik—The Firebrand, The Needle, and The Vault. After the assassination of Ingeborg, The Firebrand, Eivor recovered a clue from her personal effects detailing that The Vice wore a black cape with a medallion. After killing Grigorii, The Needle, Eivor added a clue to her findings that entailed more of The Vice's ruthlessness. After ridding the influence over Jorvik by Audun, The Vault, Eivor found out the true identity of The Vice: Reeve Derby.
Upon finding and assassinating a last target, Gunilla, Eivor found from her personal effects The Vice's location, which was the village of Picheringa in Eurviscire. When she located Reeve Derby, Eivor assassinated the Maegester and put a final end to the Wardens of Law's influence over England.
- Reeve Derby's cutscene in the Memory Corridor is quite brief, when compared to the cutscenes of other Maegesters such as Fulke or Gorm Kjotvesson.
- Assassin's Creed: Valhalla – Target menu: "Bio: Maegester Derby, The Vice"
- Assassin's Creed: Valhalla – Breaking the Order
- Assassin's Creed: Valhalla – In a Strange Land
- Assassin's Creed: Valhalla – Burning the Firebrand
- Assassin's Creed: Valhalla – Pricking the Needle
- Assassin's Creed: Valhalla – Closing the Vault