|This article is a stub. You can help Assassin's Creed Wiki by expanding it.|
Demeter was an Isu, revered by the Greeks as the goddess of all things related to agriculture. She is regarded as the one who holds earth's fertility in her hands and with Zeus produced Persephone, who ruled over Elysium.
According to the myths, the Titan Kronos devoured every child he begat with his sister-wife Rhea. When Zeus saved his siblings, they accompanied him as the new gods, and became part of the twelve mightiest. In order from oldest to youngest, the children were Hestia, Demeter, Hera, Hades and Poseidon before Zeus. 
Places of interest
The Sanctuary of Eleusis was a central location for the worship of Demeter and Persephone, and the Telesterion was where people annually participated in the Eleusinian Mysteries, initiation practices into the cult of Demeter and Persephone. In Athens, a statue featuring the goddess and her daughter stood watch over the road leading from the acropolis to the Sanctuary of Eleusis.
In addition to Sanctuary of Eleusis, Demeter was especially honored on the Greek island of Krete, where she was regarded as the one who introduced humans to a number of discoveries such as the art of growing wheat, prior to spreading them throughout the Greek world. She would later have a temple dedicated to her in the city-state of Gortyn in Messara.
Behind the scenes
The statue used in Assassin's Creed: Odyssey for Demeter is based on Pietro Bazzanti's 19th century sculpture of the Greek goddess Hebe. The same statue was used in the same game for Nemesis, and for Hygieia and Cyrene in Assassin's Creed: Origins.
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – The Fate of Atlantis: Fields of Elysium
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Historical Locations / Attika: Entrance to the Underworld
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Historical Locations / Arkadia: Statue of Fury Demeter
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Historical Locations / Attika: Sanctuary of Eleusis
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Historical Locations / Attika: Eleusis Telesterion
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Historical Locations / Attika: Statue of Demeter and Kore
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Historical Locations / Messara: Temple of Demeter
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Kallipateira
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – Odyssey Into the Past