After her encounter with Chrysis, Kassandra traveled through Argolis and found a woman crying out for help.
- Civilian: Misthios! Please help! I'll do anything! Why won't anyone help me?
Kassan approached the woman.
- Civilian: Please, help me.
- Kassandra: Calm down. Tell me what happened.
- Civilian: Raiders in the forest... My husband... He tried to fight them off.
- Kassandra: If your husband is facing the bandits alone, he won't have long to live.
- Civilian: Please. I have a child. You have to help us.
- Kassandra: I will find your husband and the bandits.
Traveling deep into the woods, Kassandra found the woman's husband, slain and laid out face-down on a blanket in a clearing. Chrysis called out to her.
- Chrysis: After you saved that child, I knew. Can't help but do the right thing, can you?
- Kassandra: Chrysis! You killed this man just to set a trap?
- Chrysis: It's an honor to give your life to Hera's greatest priestess. He died willingly.
With him gone, I have room for one more on my council. It isn't too late to join us.
- Kassandra: You've lost your mind, Chrysis! This is madness.
- Chrysis: A world where a killer like you is held up as a hero... That is madness.
- Kassandra: This is the world you helped to make! I will unmake it.
- Chrysis: Very well. If you wish to be an agent of chaos—if you wish to be a killer—then kill, child.
As the Cult soldiers and Chrysis advanced on Kassandra, the priestess taunted her.
- Chrysis: You could have joined me, messenger.
We could have ruled the world together.
Die for me, my child.
Kassandra slew the Cult soldiers and subdued Chrysis.
- Kassandra: You fucking snake!
Chrysis laughed as Kassandra pinned her down with one hand and held the Spear of Leonidas against her throat with the other.
- Kassandra: I am not your child. I will find mother, and we will be together again. I will make this right.
Kassandra made one final declaration.
- Kassandra: This is for my mother and every family you destroyed.
Kassandra slashed Chrysis' throat. An expression of shock and pain filled her face as the life faded from her.
Kassandra walked into a trap of Chrysis' making, and subsequently slew another member of the Cult of Kosmos.
- This quest is only available if the baby is saved in Ashes to Ashes.
- The civilian in distress bears a strong resemblance to the mother who gave her baby to Chrysis in Ashes to Ashes. It is possible they are the same person.
- Chrysis and her Cult soldiers are loaded globally upon triggering their appearance. Should the player leave the area and continue with the rest of the game after loading them, they will persist at the woods where they were spawned until talking to Chrysis to confirm the kill and complete the quest. If slain, Chrysis will remain 'dead' for the rest of the playthrough, although the soldiers will eventually revive.
- As Chrysis' death is not a pre-requisite to complete Chapter 5, only the completion of 'Ashes to Ashes,' this has the effect of providing a dialogue option for the hero to declare their intent to "find [their] mother," even after they have already reunited with Myrrine.