With a diverse professional profile spanning more than a decade, he has worked as a writer, film maker, musician, and game designer. As an employee of Ubisoft, McDevitt has been the script writer for both the story and dialogue in Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines, Assassin's Creed II: Discovery, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Assassin's Creed: Embers and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.
- During 2011's Comic-Con, McDevitt confirmed that Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad and Ezio Auditore da Firenze were not related to each other, and further explained that Altaïr came from one side of Desmond Miles' family, while Ezio came from the other.
- McDevitt also provided additional storyline development consultation on Assassin's Creed: Recollection and Assassin's Creed III.
- When asked in an interview where he would like a new Assassin's Creed game to be set, McDevitt mentioned that he found the setting of Ireland interesting, especially in the last 200 years of Irish history.
- McDevitt's stage name is "DCMCDXVIII", which is an incorrect Roman numeral for 1818. The first five letters of it are his full name's initials.
- Darby McDevitt's official website.
- Darby McDevitt's Twitter page.
- Darby McDevitt's professional profile on LinkedIn.
- An interview with Darby McDevitt and GameInformer, discussing the setting of Assassin's Creed: Revelations.
- Darby McDevitt's music channel on Vimeo.
- Darby McDevitt's books and music at Lulu.com.