Arno met with Napoleon at the latter's residence.
- Napoleon: Ah! Arno! Could you help me in a personal matter?
It concerns my fiancée, Désirée Clary. Some sans-culottes plan to abduct her for a ransom. Captain Bernadotte knows the particulars. Join him in front of the post office and ensure that Désirée escapes her house unharmed.
Arno made his way to Bernadotte.
- Bernadotte: Ah! Bonaparte sent you. We are to rescue his fiancée. Let us make haste!
Arno and Bernadotte made their way to Désirée's house.
- Bernadotte: Again I find myself running errands for Bonaparte. And yet he and I are of equal rank! How does he do it?
A group of sans-culottes attacked them.
- Bernadotte: Gads! I've got a beautiful sword! Crafted in Spain! But a man can't marry his sword, you know. I need a woman to sooth my brow! And here Bonaparte has already found a fiancée! Damn, he's a lucky dog. I wonder if he'll amount to anything?
Ah! The fighting life. I love it so.
Sans-culottes? Get yourselves a culotte, then! Good god.
You there! You cannot stop us! We're here to rescue someone!
Come on. Don't laze about. We need a challenge!
I am here on a mission of gallantry!
These dogs are no challenge for me.
You will not sully Mademoiselle Clary!
The two fought through Désirée's house.
- Sans-culottes 1: We got her trapped on the top floor!
- Sans-culottes 2: Stay back! They're covering the stairs!
They then reached Désirée and her bodyguards.
- Bernadotte: Mademoiselle! We're sorry to disturb you, but your fiancé sent us to ensure your well-being!
- Désirée: I can take care of my own well-being, thank you.
- Bernadotte: I see that, in you, Captain Bonaparte has secured a precious victory. Gad! Your ankle is exceptionally well-turned!
- Désirée: You are impertinent, sir! ... I like that. I like that very much.
- Bernadotte: And those flashing eyes! We must go, before I say something I regret! Or I sustain a mortal injury!
Arno, Bernadotte and Désirée fought through the remaining sans-culottes.
- Désirée: You fight with great panache, captain!
- Bernadotte: And you with an alluring fire!
May I compliment you, Mademoiselle, on your bold thrusts!
- Désirée: Sir! That is hardly appropriate, I am engaged!
They killed the last of the sans-culottes.
- Bernadotte: Fighting with you has made me quite giddy with delight.
- Désirée: Ah! (Dear) Bernadotte! If this had been another time, another place...
- Bernadotte: Say not another word! I dare not even dream.
- Désirée: You are right. There can be no dreams for us. Goodbye, dear sir, goodbye!
Arno and Bernadotte rescued Désirée, and the latter two became smitten with one another.