The Council of Elders is one of the guiding bodies of the Templar Order. It operates as a separate entity from the order's governing structure to ensure and maintain the integrity of the Templar government itself but does not exert direct control over it.
In 2016, it is led by Ellen Kaye and possesses discretionary powers over the funding of Abstergo Industries and its various subsidiaries. The Council was present at a gathering in London during which Alan Rikkin was killed by the Assassins.
- The Council's members appears to have a higher rank than the Guardians, which are the three highest ranking members of Inner Sanctum of the Templar Order, as exemplified by Ellen Kaye giving orders to Alan Rikkin. However, sources state that only the General of the Cross is above the Guardians in authority, with the Guardians reporting directly to the General. At the moment, the Council of Elders' exact position and role in the Templar hierarchy remains unclear, save only that it is not ranked above the General of the Cross.
- In Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, the organization that tasked Laureano de Torres y Ayala was the "Counsel", in Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag novel was the Council of Elders.
- Assassin's Creed: Black Flag (mentioned only)
- Assassin's Creed: The Movie (first appearance)
- Assassin's Creed: The Essential Guide (2nd edition)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Assassin's Creed: The Movie
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: The Essential Guide (2nd edition)
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Black Flag – Chapter 29
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: The Essential Guide
- ↑ Assassin's Creed: Unity - Helix Database: 10. Reconnaissance Memo
- ↑ Reddit AMA with Aymar Azaïzia
- ↑ Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag – Mister Walpole, I Presume?