Returning from a journey, Altaïr entered a marketplace.
- Altaïr: Finally, a settlement! A good opportunity to stretch out a bit. Alep is just ahead. My journey is coming to an end...
- Altaïr: I should take it easy around here or I'll attract attention.
Altaïr casually walked past the guards without arousing suspicion, eventually arriving at a closed gate.
- Altaïr: The gates are closed!
Altaïr observed a nearby merchant.
- Altaïr: I think this merchant has a key to go in and out freely...
Altaïr approached the merchant and successfully pickpocketed the key from him. After using the key on the gates, Altaïr exited the settlement.
- Altaïr: Smoke and flames in the distance... The village before the citadel of Alep! What's happening? I should hurry!
Shortly after running towards the village, Altaïr noticed a fellow Assassin lying on the ground, injured.
- Assassin: Help! Please... Help!
- Altaïr: What happened?
- Assassin: The village... under attack!
- Altaïr: Who's attacking the village?
- Assassin: Temp... Templars... Take this sword... and avenge us...
Altaïr accepted the sword and used it against an approaching guard. After killing the guard, Altaïr noticed his path was blocked.
- Altaïr: Blocked! I need to find another route!
Altaïr found a new path and entered the village under siege.
- Guard: Where did you come from?
Altaïr killed the guards standing in his way. After doing so, he noticed a poorly-constructed platform post.
- Altaïr: I should kick this post so the platform will collapse.
After kicking the post, Altaïr used the new ramp to advance through the village, slaying more guards along the way.
- Captain: You said everyone was dead! Get rid of this one immediately!
After killing several more guards on the streets, Altaïr found a crossbowman on the roof.
- Altaïr: I wonder why the Templars are attacking this village...
- Crossbowman: You might as well kill me; I won't say a word!
Altaïr interrogated the man while applying pressure to his back.
- Crossbowman: Enough! I don't know much... Our captain was under orders... to find a man that Lord Basilisk was interested in... That is all I know...
After gaining the information, Altaïr made his way to the captain's location.
- Altaïr: Their leader! He hasn't seen me yet. I have to approach him carefully.
Altaïr assassinated the captain and approached a woman.
- Woman: Thank God you came! I thought they'd find me and... You must hurry to Alep! Al Mualim needs to know about this!
Altaïr left the village and continued on to Alep, finding Al-Mualim in his study.
- Altaïr: Al-Mualim! The village is under att...
- Al-Mualim: I know. It's being taken care of right now. We treaded carelessly. The Templars were following a man... One of ours, one who had vital information for our cause. We lost it... But first, welcome back, Altaïr.
- Altaïr: It's good to be here again, Al-Mualim.
- Al-Mualim: Indeed it is. We have a mission for you, one that is of utmost importance for our cause. Come near. The Templars are in possession of a powerful object called the Chalice. Its role is to unite the factions of whoever holds it, the Crusaders or the Saracens. Those who have it will rule these lands. The Templars are keeping it hidden for the time being. Theirs is the way of gold and power. That is not something we can offer. But others might... We need the Chalice. Something that powerful must be kept away from the dealings of men. Altaïr, find it. Bring it here.
Altaïr learned of the Chalice and set out to retrieve it.
Assassin's Creed: Altaïr's Chronicles memories
|Coming Home - The Hunt Begins - The Dancer - The Red Hospital - The Hidden Party - Kill the Killers - Temple of Sand - Great Angry Wall - Flow of Poison - The Running Wind - The Chalice - Snake Heart - Always an End|