Arno received a letter from the Assassin Council, instructing him to gather intelligence from a Chouan spy.
Arno read the letter from the Council.
- Letter: A suspected Chouan spy is operating out of a house nearby. Find out what he knows.
Arno infiltrated the house and found a letter.
- Letter: "My precious key, you may have for free,
Find me at glance; I move around and dance,
You'll be out of time, before you find my crime.
The spy and several Chouans entered the house downstairs.
- Spy: ...and here we are. My little base of operations.
- Chouan 1: Could stand to tidy up a bit.
- Spy: I've been a bit busy keeping an eye on the city guard. Come, let me show you what I've been working on.
- Chouan 1: You men wait down here.
- Chouan 2: Aye. This city reeks like shit.
- Chouan 3: I can't wait to get out of here.
The spy and one of his fellow Chouans went upstairs.
- Spy: This is where I keep my notes.
- Chouan 1: Your little notes have been extremely helpful in our fight for the King.
- Spy: My pleasure. I just hope that the Monarchy can return to its rightful place.
- Chouan 1: As do I. Earlier, you mentioned a letter?
- Spy: Should anything happen to me, this contains coded instruction on how to unlock the chest containing all of my notes.
- Chouan 1: I shall keep it safe.
The spy and the Chouan went downstairs to the others.
- Chouan 3: Think this one's gonna give us anything good?
- Chouan 2: One Parisian is like another. Can't trust them.
Bet there isn't a church left for miles.
- Chouan 4: Paris will be punished for its sins when this Revolution ends.
- Spy: Help yourself to my food. My apologies that shortages leave me with only stale bread.
- Chouan 2: Good thing there's bread aplenty in the countryside.
- Chouan 4: If I'd wanted a nice meal, I wouldn't have come to Paris.
- Spy: Fresh bread will return to Paris once the King returns to the throne.
- Chouan 1: True, if only the people of this city realized that. Well, we've taken enough of your time.
- Spy: I'll show you out the back way. Please, follow me. Gentlemen, I bid you farewell.
- Chouan 1: Until we meet again. Long live the King.
- Spy: Long live the King.
One of the Chouans stayed behind to talk with the spy.
- Spy: Well met, friend. I trust you found your way through the city easily?
- Chouan 1: One benefit of the chaos of the Revolution.
- Spy: Chaotic yes, and deadly. One wrong word and you've got a date with the guillotine.
- Chouan 1: I pray for a quick end to this stupid Revolution.
- Spy: As do I.
Arno searched the house for the key.
- Arno: No, not here...
No key here...
It's not here...
Arno found the key by a clock.
- Arno: Hah, here it is. "Time"... "Clock"... of course.
Arno unlocked the chest with the key, taking a set of notes.
- Arno: I think this is what the Council is looking for...
Arno escaped the area.
Arno recovered the Chouan spy's intelligence for the Council.