Eivor spoke with Geadric on land's situation.
Traveling around Oxenefordscire, Eivor looked for opportunities to weaken Eadwyn's hold.
On a road between Buckingham and Leah Villa Garrison, she found a few soldiers crouching in the bushes on a ledge beside the road.
- Anglo-Saxon Soldier 1: Spread out around to the side of 'em, lads! Stay on your toes, or we'll be on the gibbet!
Eivor approached them.
- Eivor: You there. Why are you crawling about?
- Anglo-Saxon Soldier 1: A patrol of Eadwyn's men is coming this way. We're going to jump 'em.
Eivor joined the men in waiting as a group of enemy soldiers came down the road.
- Anglo-Saxon Soldier 1: Steady, boys. Lambs to the slaughter.
Eadwyn's men settled around a campfire under the ledge and the fyrd men attacked.
- Anglo-Saxon Soldier 1: Caught 'em by the balls, we did! Well done, wayfarer, couldn't've done it without you.
In Oxeneforda, Eivor killed one of Eadwyn's flagbearers.
Northwest of Thaerelea Ruins, she found a camp with carts of supplies and destroyed them.
At the Thaerelea Ruins, Eivor found some of Geadric's fyrd in trouble.
- Anglo-Saxon Soldier 2: Dear God, we're in trouble. Watch out over there, men! O, Christ in holy Heaven.
- Eivor: Geadric asked me to help you whenever I could.
- Anglo-Saxon Soldier 2: Eadwyn's soldiers've got us in a tough spot. We're grateful for any help you can give.
A large group of enemy soldiers attacked, and Eivor helped Geadric's men defeat them.
- Anglo-Saxon Soldier 2: That was a near-run thing. Thanks for helping us out.
Before leaving, Eivor looked around. In one of the towers, she found a piece of paper.
- Journal Entry A few of us came looking to join a fyrd hoping for a quick victory and plenty of spoils. But now we're lost and hungry. Some soldiers marched by while we hid in the underbrush. Eadwyn's men. We'll see some fighting soon. God help us.
Southeast from there, she found another camp with carts of supplies.
Northwest of Saint Albanes Abbey, Eivor found another group of Geadric's men.
- Anglo-Saxon Soldier 3: Eadwyn's men! They're after us.
Eivor approached them.
- Eivor: You there. What's wrong?
- Anglo-Saxon Soldier 3: Here they come! Quick, men, or they'll wipe us out!
Eivor helped them fight off Eadwyn's soldiers.
- Anglo-Saxon Soldier 3: You pulled our asses out of the fire, friend. We're grateful to you.
At the abbey, Eivor found and killed another flagbearer.
Eivor dealt several strikes against Eadwyn's forces.
- Eivor: I have weakened Eadwyn's defenses enough. Ambushing her soldiers should be my final strike before the battle begins.
Eivor lowered Eadwyn's grip on the region.
Behind the Scenes
While this quest will not trigger until Eivor speaks to Geadric in Buckingham at the end of Brewing Rebellion, the fyrd men preparing to ambush the soldiers on the road can be helped as soon as the thegns have been rescued at Leah Villa.