|This article is about the Isu. You may be looking for the Animus mod.|
|This article is a stub. You can help Assassin's Creed Wiki by expanding it.|
In a simulation created by the Isu Aletheia, Charon performed his duties as the ferryman of Hades, and met the Spartan misthios Kassandra after she'd slain Cerberos. Though derisively calling her a 'fleshling', Charon was still willing to help her, and had tasks for her as well. Charon informed Kassandra about the Armor of the Fallen and how the fifth piece, the gauntlets had gone missing. After telling Kassandra to retrieve the armor and warning about the Hounds of Hades, Charon left.
The first task Charon had Kassandra complete was giving a lost soul an honorable death in battle. After helping the lost soldier, Kassandra returned to Charon at the docks. Charon's second task for Kassandra was finding an asphodel flower to heal a woman who thought she was still sick. After retrieving the flower, the woman was then escorted to a pyre to be cleansed of the plague. After that task, Charon tasked Kassandra with helping a family that were being hunted by the hounds of Hades. Kassandra then relocated the lost family to safety. The fourth and final task was helping uncovered a thief stealing other souls' coins. Kassandra interviewed several souls before Hades appeared before the culprit and punished him.
Legacy and Influence
This tradition was also observed by Pothinus, a member of the Order of the Ancients during the 1st century BCE in Egypt, placing a coin in his own mouth as the Medjay Bayek of Siwa killed him, as well as by Jacob Frye, a British Assassin who gave his target Philip Twopenny a coin "for the path of the dead".
In 2018, Layla Hassan kept notes on the Greek gods, including Charon, on her laptop in her collection "Bios of the Gods". A simulated Animus modification was also available that shared Charon's name but not his likeness.
- Assassin's Creed: Revelations (mentioned only)
- The Lost Archive (statue only)
- Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (indirect mention only)
- Assassin's Creed: Origins (indirect reference only)
- Assassin's Creed: Odyssey (artwork only)
- The Fate of Atlantis: Torment of Hades (simulation only)
- Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – The Fate of Atlantis: Torment of Hades – Layla Hassan's personal files: "Bios of the Gods: Charon"
- Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – The Fate of Atlantis: Torment of Hades – Pay the Ferryman
- Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – The Fate of Atlantis: Torment of Hades – Death Before Dishonor
- Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – The Fate of Atlantis: Torment of Hades – A Cursed Sickness
- Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – The Fate of Atlantis: Torment of Hades – Home is Where You Make It
- Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – The Fate of Atlantis: Torment of Hades – Death-Light Robbery
- Assassin's Creed: Odyssey – A Night to Remember
- Assassin's Creed: Origins – The Battle of the Nile
- Assassin's Creed: Syndicate – A Bad Penny
- Assassin's Creed: Revelations – The Lost Archive – The End of the Line
- Assassin's Creed: Odyssey