Mission 2 was an altered representation of a fragmented genetic memory.
- Pirate 1: Let's see if Groggy Bill's intel was correct.
- Edward: I'll scout ahead for the Captain. You make sure they don't have anyone who can come at us from behind once we're in.
One of the pirates was indignant at Edward's suggested course of action.
- Pirate 3: You take one man while we take dozens? You always give us the easy jobs.
Edward ran off, leaving the pirates to navigate the island alone. Together, they evaded or eliminated any soldiers from the British army they encountered until they until they entered a cave, where they saw the wrecked remains of Garnet's ship, with the looted treasure piled high along the rocks. One of the pirates sighed in dismay.
- Pirate 1: Well, there's the ship. Doesn't look like we'll be warpin' her out o' here though... We'd best find Kenway and sort this out.
The pirate descended a scaffold to the cave floor and saw a surviving crewman facing off against a Royal Navy captain and two redcoats. The pirates hid behind a stack of crates to avoid detection.
- Pirate 2: What in the hell is going on? What happened to the renegades?
The pirates watched as the surviving crewman attempted to, but was swiftly cut down by the officer.
- Captain Stewart: Ah! We have the map. Back to camp. We must find this alleged vault and see what it holds.
Stewart and the redcoats left the cave. The moment they were gone, the pirate emerged from hiding and inspected the body as Edward ran up from behind.
- Pirate 3: Kenway, the ship's bloody knackered. I don't think we’ll be sailin' her back to Nassau. It seems Cliff and his miscreants were had by that officer and his soldiers.
- Edward: I think the officer took something from the ship's cargo too, a map by the look of it. At the very least we can get that back to Garnet. I'm not going back empty handed.
- Pirate 3: C'mon we've found the ship, let's get out of here. No need to sear George's jacksie and get the redcoats all riled up.
- Edward: No, we should follow them. Something tells me this is important...
- Pirate 3: Oh important, aye? Well off with us then, let's follow the Royal Army into some ominous caves.
- Edward: No, you follow them. I'll go around and try to cut them off.
- Pirate 3: What?!
Edward ran off, leaving his crewmate to shout at his back.
- Pirate 3: Bloody LUNATIC!
Edward and the crew of the Sea Dog's Bite arrived too late to rescue Garnet's wrecked ship, but learned that a Royal Navy officer had a map that lead to a vault he was seeking for unknown reasons. Intrigued, Edward decided that they would pursue the officer, much to the crew's discontent.